Chapter 34

Chan's pov

"Should i really let her go alone? What if she's lost? Should i go and check on her?" I want to follow her but i'm afraid Hyejin will get mad at me.

"Haish, don't worry Chan. Trust Hyejin..she's gonna be fine.." I said, try to calm myself down.

" Mom, i'm home!" I said, taking off my shoes and put it on the rack. "Oh? You already home? Where's Hyejin? Why you come home alone?" Mom asked while handed me a glass of water. I mumbled a small thank you and take a sip of it.

"Hyejin hmm..she said she wants to take a walk.."

"So, you just let her go alone?" Mom asked and i just nodded my head.

"Wae? Do you guys fight? I told you to take care of your mouth when you speak right?" Mom said, start to nag.

"It's just misunderstanding. I asked her if she wanted to leave soon and she got mad. She got even mad when i asked her about her boyfriend." I said, earning a big smack from mom.

"Auch! What was that for?" I asked, holding the pain that mom gave me.

"I told you to not ask her that questions right? Just let her be..if she likes to stay here, just let her. She must have a reason why she decides to stay here. And about her boyfriend..i thought you are her boyfriend? You both act like a lovey dovey couple." Mom said.

I shooked my head, "She's not my girlfriend...for now i guess. She just had some problem with her boyfriend and i asked her to clear things with him..but it seems like she doesn't want it..so yeah.." i looked down, staring at my feet.

"Chan ah.." Mom called my name make me looked at her. Mom eyes turned soft, "Be honest with me..do you like Hyejin?" Mom asked caught me off guard.

"Why did you ask?"

Mom then take my hands and clasped it together, "I can see it in your eyes that you like her..but you are afraid to confess because she might reject you and not fully move on from her boyfriend, am i right?"

I nodded slowly, knowing there's no use to hide it from her. Mom smiled and slowly carresed my back, "Give her time, Chan. If you really want her, be there for her. Show her that you are really here for her. And if she said she doesn't want you to mention about her boyfriend, just keep quiet. Don't talk about it. For now, i want you to focus on her. Don't try to break her heart again. I'm rooting for you, Chan." Mom said, giving me some reassure smile.

I smiled and hug her back, "Thanks mom. You are the best!"

Mom smiled, "You are welcome, my son. For now i want you to go bath and we will eat dinner together after this, okay? I want to continue cooking for a while."

I nodded, "Alright boss~"

-------------------

It's already 11:30 pm but Hyejin figured still nowhere to be seen. "Should i call her and ask where she is? But..will she pick up the call?"

I was about to call her when i heard the front door being open. I left my room and saw that she was putting her shoes on the rack. I quickly ran and hug her make her taken aback at my sudden action.

"Yah, Chan! Are you okay?" She asked. I pulled out from the hug and looked at her, "I'm the one (in my zone~ a/n: stan ateez for a clear skin🤪😆 okay back to the story)  that should ask you. Are you okay? Why you come home so late? Does something happen to you? Are you still mad at me?" I asked make Hyejin burst into a big laugh.

"Are you really worry about me that much, Christopher?" She asks and i nodded.

"Aigoo, so cute. Yes, i'm okay and sorry for coming home late. I lost track of my time and yes, i still mad at you but it's okay..i'm okay just a little bit disappointed with you." Hyejin said.

I pulled her into a tight hug and caressed her soft brown hair, "i'm sorry..i know i shouldn't ask that..i didn't meant to hurt you..i'm sorry, okay? Will you forgive me?" I asked, looked at her with puppy eyes.

"Arasseo, i will forgive you but..if you still ask me the same questions all over again..i'm not talking to you anymore, okay?"

I nodded, "Okay! I promise! By the way, have you eaten? Mom save some for you incase if you not eaten yet.."

"Just in time! I'm really hungry right now but i need to go wash myself first and i will come downstairs to eat."

"Nae~ just go settle yourself first. I will preheat the food for you." Hyejin nodded and left to take a shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why are you still awake at this hour? Do you still have works to do?" Hyejin asks, take a sip of her soup.

"Hmm..it's nearly done and i need to pass it tomorrow morning." I said, still typing some important documents on laptop. Hyejin put her utensils down and ruffled my hair, " You already work hard, Chan. Don't force yourself, take a break if you really need to. Works can be hold but our body needs to use for a long time." Hyejin said, make me smile a little bit.

"Thank you, Hyejin."

Hyejin raised her eyebrows confused, "For what? I didn't do anything.."

"Your comfort words. It always make me feel ease when i hear those word coming out from your mouth. Thank you for always care about me, Hyejin."

Hyejin smiled, "No problem..i just don't want you to cope up with work too much..it's remind me of Hyunjin..i always scold him when he overworked himself. I really hate it tho. For real.."

"I know..but i can't help it.."

"You need to..for now, i want you to stop working and let me pamper you. Do you perhaps...like massages?"

I nodded, "Really like it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Woah, it's sooooo good..how can you be this good at massaging people huh?"

"I always do this to my parents and Hyunjin. They always said my massages are the best. Ahh, talking about them make me miss them more."

"You should call them tomorrow. It's been a long time since you call them. Hyunjin must have waiting for you to call him."

"Hmm..i will call them tomorrow. Oh, it's already 2:30 am now..we should go to sleep. We still have an important meeting to attend this morning."

"Arasseo, my lovely secretary. We will go to sleep now, okay?"

"Goodnight, Channie. Sweet dreams"

"You too, goodnight!"

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

yeay! another update before going to work❤️ hope you like it and i will try to update as frequently as i can..but if only i have ideas tho😆 ehehe got to go know! annyeong, and have a nice idea☺️