Chapter 40

"Is that still fun for you to laugh and see my miserable state?" Hyejin asked, scoffed. Still angry at him.

"Awee, uri Hyejinnie is mad. Okay, i'm sorry. I know it's my fault.." Chan said, still can't stop laughing.

"I hate you, Chan." Hyejin said, eating her food.

"Awee, don't hate me too much Hyejinnie. I'm afraid that you might fall for me soon." Chan winked make Hyejin blushed a little. But she quickly hide it before Chan saw.

"Ergh, in your dreams!" Hyejin said, shoving her food with petty manners.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, Hyejin..how long you two actually know each other?" Chan's grandma asked. Chan was nowhere to be found, leaving only her and grandmother at the kitchen.

Hyejin stopped cutting the vegetables and turn to look at her grandma, smiling a little bit. "It's been around 6 months? I first met him at our company meeting." Hyejin said.

Chan's grandma nodded. "So, is it true..that you guys are planning to get marry?" Chan's grandma asked again, caught her off guard.

The heck?! What am i supposed to answer? I thought Chan already explained to them?

"Hyejin?" Chan's grandma called her make her looked at the old woman.

Hyejin fiddle her fingers nervously, "Hmm, about that..we only talked about it randomly..you know we kinda busy with work and didn't have time to plan it..yet.." Hyejin said, in unconvinced tone.

Chan's grandma chuckled, "Aigoo, you guys..you guys work too hard..come on, you guys are not getting younger..faster getting marry! If you too shy to say it, i will talk to Chan about this okay?"

Hyejin just nodded slowly, didn't know how to respond anymore.

After done helping Chan's grandma, Hyejin went towards the garden and saw Chan was sitting peacefully at the swing, with earphones on.

Hyejin slowly went towards him and sat on the swing. Hyejin let out a small chuckled when Chan doesn't realise her presence. Hyejin take one of his earphones and put it on her ears. Finally, catching Chan's attention.

"Eh, how long you have been here?" Chan asked, freaked out a little bit.

Hyejin chuckled.
"Mmm, just now?" Hyejin said, leaning her head on his shoulder. Listening to his choice of songs, humming along with the music.

"This song is good. What's the title of this song?" Hyejin asked, tilted her heads a little bit.

Chan smiled, "It's my story, my song."

(a/n: istg my story my song is one of my fav sf9 song🥺)

Hyejin nodded, "It's so nice. I like their vocal."

Chan nodded agreed.

"Are you done cooking with grandma?" Chan asked.

"Already done..Ha! I just remember some things." Hyejin said, make Chan turned give her full attention.

Chan looked at her, "What is it?"

Hyejin then looked at him and pinched his shoulder, making Chan let out a loud shrieked.

"What was that?!!!" Chan asked, winced in pain.

"Why are you still didn't explain to grandma and your parents about us?" Hyejin asked.

Chan looked at her, confused. "I thought you are agree with it?"

"Buttttt, your grandma thought we are getting marry for real!" Hyejin said.