Chapter Thirty Five

Oh my God what is this a second update in one night?! You are welcome :)

Leah and I walked Willow home and then headed back to our own houses. I groaned when I saw Sam and Emily sat waiting for me in the living room.

'Sit down Katie' Sam said.

I rolled my eyes but did as he asked.

'Emily told me what happened.'

'You mean how she basically said I sleep around with more than one guy at a time and that's why they owe me a few decent nights out? I got her a free bachelorette party except for flights and then insults me. Not cool Sam. Those guys are my best friends and doing us a huge favour for the weekend but for some reason Emily doesn't seem to appreciate that.' I told him.

'See now Emily said these friends of yours are bad news Katie.'

'How would she know that Sam? None of you have ever actually met them or even spoken to them! They're good guys Sam I swear.'

'You told me their sister attacked you Katie. They're probably just as psychotic as she is.'

'Whatever' I muttered and turned back to Sam, 'Look Sam, they're not bad guys. Yeah their sister attacked me but they also stayed with me in hospital for the full two weeks I was there. If Emily doesn't want to go then fine, but Leah, Kim, Willow, and I are going anyway.'

'That's not a good idea.' Emily said.

'And that's not your decision to make Emily.'

I was furious that Sam wasn't saying anything. I get that Emily was his imprint but I was his sister. He should be on my side. Right?!

'Alright, both of you stop. Emily, Katie has tried to do something nice for you for our wedding by the sound of things. If you don't want to go then you don't have to. Katie, I don't like the thought of you guys going next weekend but if you promise you'll be safe and Leah will be with you o keep you all safe then I won't stop you.' Sam finally interrupted us.

Well I suppose that was better than nothing.

'Paul and I are staying at his tonight with his dad then tomorrow I'm going to talk to Mrs Ateara about some stuff. I'll talk to you later.' I told them.

I headed to my room to grab some of my stuff and then texted Paul to let him know I was on my way to his. It was a nice day so I decided to walk to his house. When I arrived, I saw both his and his dads cars were there so I knocked instead of just walking in.

'Hey Kitty!' Paul greeted me as he opened the door.

'Hey babe' I replied, kissing him softly. 'Let me in so I can say hi to your dad.'

'You know, when you say things like that I feel like you don't love me' he teased, letting me in.

I rolled my eyes at him as I dropped my bag by the door and followed the smell of amazing food to the kitchen where Mr Lahote was.

'Hey Mr Lahote' I greeted with a smile.

'Hey Katie, nice to see you again. Congrats on Paul proposing. I suppose someone has to pput up with him forever' he laughed.

'Thanks, and thank you for letting Paul have your ring - I love it so much'

'You're welcome. I'm glad he found use for it instead of just letting it gather dust.'

We sat in the kitchen, talking as he carried on cooking and Paul looked so happy to be spending time with his dad again. His dad looked proud when Paul announced he was going back to school to graduate before we got married.

'You're a good influence on him Katie, I thought he was going to be a drop out.'

'Not on my watch he won't be' I promised.

'I heard your brother is getting married in a few weeks Katie, how do you feel about that?' he asked me.

'I was excited at first but Emily has been acting a little weird with me since I helped sort her bachelorette party earlier this morning. She thinks it's wrong because they're both guys.'

'It sounds like she might be a little bit jealous Katie. Or stressed. She will come around eventually.'

'I hope so. Emily seemed really nice at first and I was excited to have a sister.'

'Just give her time Kitty. Everything will sort itself out' Paul promised.