Chapter Forty Eight

Leah and Jake stayed over so we could head over to the Cullens as soon as we woke up and had eaten breakfast.

'You okay with going back to the vampire house?' I asked Paul as I got dressed.

'I was fine last time Kitty. I'm fine this time' he reassured me, 'Plus Leah is going with you so I know you'll be fine.'

'I'm surprised she volunteered. She hates them more than you do'

'She's doing it as a favour to me' Paul admitted, 'She knows I don't do too well when you're there even though I know you're safe so she offered to go with you if you had to go again so I knew you were 100% safe.'

'Aww, look at you too bonding again.'

'Don't push it Kitty' Paul rolled his eyes at me.

We headed downstairs and Leah and Jake were already up and had made us all breakfast. We ate quickly, not wanting to waste any time. I ended up having to drive again as the only one who knew how to find the Cullen house by road.

We were greeted outside by Esme and Alice.

'Hello Katie, we've been expecting to see you again.'

'Hey. Yeah, I seem to be the go between. This is Leah' I introduced.

'Please come in, don't worry about Bella, she won't attack you.'

'Well if she does the pack will kill her in return and you'll never be allowed to return to Forks so you know, her choice.' I shrugged, heading in to the house. 'Where's the baby?'

I wandered through the house to the living room where the rest of the Cullens were sat and the blonde vampire Rosalie was sat holding the baby. I walked over to see a baby who did not look a few days old. She looked several months old.

'She's growing at an increasing rate. We're not quite sure why yet' Carlisle told us.

'Can I hold her?' I asked.

Rosalie handed her over cautiously, as if scared I would drop the baby.

'She's not ugly. She's kinda cute for a vampire baby' Leah mused, looking at the baby over my shoulder.

'Half vampire' Bella corrected, joining us in the room.

'Oh crap, dude your eyes are freaky' I told her when I saw her red vampire eyes. 'How long will they take to change?'

'A few months I hope. Did you come to check on me or Renesmee?' Bella asked.

'Both. Does the kid drink blood?'

'No, she's more human than vampire we think. No one we know about in the vampire world has heard of a half vampire, half human' Edward explained.

'I think we should kidnap the baby and convert her in to a wolf baby' I told Jacob and Leah.

'You can't take the baby Katie' Jacob rolled his eyes at me.

The Cullens laughed at us. Rosalie came and took the baby from me and then handed her t Bella which I was thankful for. I knew Bella wouldn't attack me but I also didn't want to tempt her with my very human blood.

'Do you think we're going to be in any danger from her?' I asked.

'No. She seems to be harmless. She's gifted. She can show us memories by touching us' Carlisle explained.

'Awesome. But also glad she didn't use it on me.'

'We'd like to stay in Forks, Katie. We will be of no further concern to the pack we hope' Esme said, 'We've got a few friends from Canada visiting soon but they are like us. They eat animals.'

'As long as you stay on your land there's no issue with us either. Jake will have to visit Bella here or a neutral location' I said, getting ready to leave.

'Thank Sam for us will you Katie? We appreciate his cooperation' Carlisle said as he walked us out.

'Of course'

The three of us headed home and quickly showered and changed before heading to meet the pack at Sams. Paul hugged me tightly when I saw him. I knew he still didn't like me going to the Cullens, even with back up.

We told the pack about the baby and Sam seemed relieved there was no danger to us. He still wanted the pack to patrol the woods but not as intensely as before.

Paul and I headed home and crashed on the sofa to watch TV.

'I want a baby' I told him.

He gave me a weird look.

'Okay, that kind of came out of nowhere Kitty'

'I held the vampire baby and it got me thinking that I want a baby. I want a family.'

'I know Kitty, but we're waiting until we're married and financially stable' he reminded me.

'But what if I didn't want to wait. What if I want to start now?'

'Kitty, you know I want a family with you. I would do anything for you - you're my imprint. But we came up with our plan for a reason.'

'I hate that plan' I muttered, 'I want cute babies.'

'Well, we have time for all of that Kitty'

'Fine' I pouted.

Paul pulled me to him and gave me a deep kiss that made my entire body tingle.

'You know, that doesn't help your case' I told him as he pulled away.

'We can try for a baby without having one Kitty' he winked, 'that's half of the fun.'