Chapter Forty

Paul and I had been furniture shopping for a few hours in Seattle and we had been very successful in buying what we needed with very few arguments.

Including this one.

'Paul please! I want the pack to feel welcome.'

'There's a difference between them feeling welcome here and this being their second home' he rolled his eyes at me.

'And that difference is how many beds we have in one room?' I asked.

'If there's enough beds for them all then they will all want to stay.'

'And they can. Occasionally, but not all the time' I promised.

'You're lucky I love you' he sighed.

'I love you too' I kissed him lightly and went back to shopping.

Paul had pretty much let me choose the furniture myself with some small inputting of his own which helped a lot when I couldn't chose between two different pieces. We had also chosen a lot of subtle décor that linked to the pack and wolves or to the woods and nature. He even allowed me to buy house plants which I was super excited about.

I was really happy.

Paul and I had our house, we were going to start planning our wedding soon, and the pack were together. Nothing could be better right now.

'When would you like this to be delivered?' the store worker asked.

'Earliest time you have available please' I replied.

'We had a last minute cancellation tomorrow at 3pm if that works?'

'That will be great thank you.'

Paul and I headed home and joined most of the pack at Sam and Emilys house who were gathered around eating pizza.

'Katie! We saved you some pizza!' Colin told me proudly, producing a plate.

'Thanks kid' I replied with a smile, sitting next to him.

'How did the shopping go?' Sam asked.

'Pretty much all done. It's getting delivered tomorrow and then we'll just have to pack our stuff and move in' I said excitedly. 'We'll be moved in time for the wedding so you and Em can spend the night apart like tradition dictates.'

'We can help you move your things Katie' Seth offered.

'Thanks kiddo, I'd like that.'

'We'll help too' Brady also offered, indicating to himself and Colin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent the next day packing my room as the pack were on patrol and I had to keep running between the two houses as the deliveries arrived so I could direct them to the correct rooms. Seth, Colin, and Brady were still doing tutoring with me in between their patrols and school and I had to stop packing to help them which was a welcome break.

'Your room looks so empty Kitty,' Paul said, hugging me from behind as I stood in the doorway.

'I know, but our house looks so good. We just need to move your stuff and mine and we can move in fully.'

'I got a van to move my bed and stuff cos it would be weird if the pack were caught carrying it.'

'Weird but hilarious' I giggles.

'Are you sure you want to do this Katie?' he asked, turning me round to face him.

'Moving in with you? Of course I'm sure Paul. I'm so excited for this!' I reassured him.

'Good, I'm excited too.'

'Sam asked if you guys could stay at ours the night of the wedding and us girls will stay here.

'Are you ready for another night with Emily? I know she pissed you off over the weekend.'

'The girls are good buffers and I'm hoping there will be alcohol as well.' I laughed.

'I dread to think what Jared has planned for our guys night. He's trying to hide his thoughts.'

'Sounds terrifying. But do you think Sam is looking forward to the wedding? Is he worried?' I asked anxiously.

'He's fine Kitty. He's a little worried about you and the pack around Emilys family but it'll be fine.'

'Why's he worried about me? I'm gonna be on my best behaviour.'

'He knows that. He's jut worried her family will say something in front of you and you'll flip to protect the pack.'

'Ugh, I hate them already.' I groaned.

'I heard your mom will be there too.'

'Yeah, We should probably tell her we're engaged. I don't think she knows yet. But quietly so we don't ruin Sams day.'

'Deal.'

'Now, please help me move some boxes.'

'Anything for you baby' he replied with a kiss.