Chapter Fifty Two

We had received word from the Bloodsuckers that the wolves were on their way back so the three of us ran outside to wait for the pack. Willow ran over to let Emily know the news but she chose to wait in her house.

'Willow, come and sit down' I told her, watching her pace back and forth.

'I can't Katie, I'm way too nervous. This helps me to not think about things' she replied. 'How long do you think it will take for them to get home?'

'I'm not sure. They were pretty far out in the woods I think so that they were away from civilisation.'

'We just have to wait it out' Kim agreed.

'How long for?' Willow asked.

'As long as it takes'

It felt like we had been waiting for hours for the pack to return. When we heard a nearby howl we tripped over each other to stand up. The pack came in to view and I felt myself slowly start to relax as I counted each and every wolf that had returned safely. The whole pack had made it back!

They hid behind the trees as they phased back and put on their shorts. As soon as I saw Paul I ran and threw myself at him. He hugged me back tightly.

'We didn't have to fight Kitty'

'Really? Why not?'

'The psychic vamp found another half vamp like Renesmee who is like 150 years old and has never had an issue so the royal vamps backed off. They were super terrified to see the pack there as well'

'You swear everyone is okay?'

'I swear Kitty'

'Oh I'm so glad Paul. We were so worried, this week has been hell'

'It has been for us as well Kitty. I swear I don't want to spend that long apart from you ever again'

'I can agree to that' I grinned. 'Are you hungry? I have enough food for everyone'

'That would be great Kitty, thanks'

We invited the pack over to eat some proper food after their week of nothing but snacking and I wasn't surprised when some of the younger ones fell asleep in the living room. Paul didn't let go of me once but I didn't mind, I didn't want him to let go either.

'I'm really tired, do you think we can sleep down here?' I whispered to Paul.

'Sure Kitty, lets not move for a while' he agreed, smiling sleepily.

'Can we stay too?' Quil asked, motioning to the rest of the pack who were all spread out sleeping on the floor.

'Of course Quil, we're happy to have you here.'