Chapter Eleven

The three of us must have fallen asleep at some point during the night as Emily came in to wake me up and all three of us were laid on top of each other fast asleep. Thank god these boys were nice and warm!

'Katie, Paul, come on kids, you have to get up for school' she tried to wake us.

'No they don't actually' Sam's voice came from the doorway.

'No school?' I asked confused, lifting my head slightly to look at Sam 'Why no school?'

'Initiation for you and Embry into the pack. If you're up for it that is'

Embry and I sat up quickly and tried to detangle from each other (I may have accidentally elbowed Paul in the stomach in the process).

'Initiation?' I asked curiously.

'Wear a swim suit under your clothes because we're going to the beach. Meet Jared and I downstairs when you're ready' Sam told us, 'Boys you need to leave Katie to dress in peace'

Once everyone had left my room I pulled my hair up into a ponytail so it would be out of my way and I put on a plain red bikini underneath some denim shorts and a vest top as it seemed unseasonably warm outside today. 

I raced downstairs to where the boys were waiting. Emily entered the room and gave us a basket with food and drinks inside. She had also put a pile of towels on the table next to the basket.

'Lets go!' Sam announced.

'Shot gun' Jared called, racing out to the car.

We all ran after him laughing as Emily and Sam brought out the basket and blankets we had forgotten. Somehow the five of us managed to squeeze into Sams car and then we were off! I started to sing along loudly to the radio despite the boys complaining but by the time we had reached the beach, they were singing along with me.

'Why are we here?' I asked Sam.

'Cliff jumping' he replied.

'Cliff jumping?'

'Yup. We go up there' Sam pointed to the top of the cliffs, 'and then we jump off into the sea below'

'You want us to jump off a cliff' I clarified.

'Unless you're too scared' Sam taunted.

'Never!'

We left our clothes and shoes in the car and started walking up to the cliff top. I held Pauls hand tightly, a little bit worried about jumping. It wasn't as though I could heal the way the boys could!

'Are you scared?' he asked me.

'A little bit. But I won't back down from a challenge like this'

'You know you're the first girl to come cliff jumping with us?' 

'Really? How come?'

'Emily and Kim aren't dare devils like you Kitty. Still, I'm surprised Sam would let you without rolling you in bubble wrap first!'

'Probably because he knows I would give him hell if he even tried it'

By this stage we had reached the highest point of the cliff we were jumping off. I slowly crept to the edge, holding Pauls arm tightly between both my hands, and looked down. Holy hell we were high up! My eyes widened slightly and I hurriedly stepped back so I was a safe distance from the edge.

'You can still go back to the car Katie, you don't have to jump' Sam told me.

'No way! I can do this Sam, trust me'

'Ladies first' Jared invited.

I hesitated. That small hesitation was all it took for Jared, Paul, and Sam to start walking towards me.

'Guys, no!' I protested, seeing an evil glint in their eyes.

They grabbed hold of me and pulled me to the edge. I started to struggle and squeal as I got closer to the edge, terrified of going over the edge but full of adrenaline as well.

Then I was falling.

I could hear the guys cheering as I got closer to the water. I prepared to hit the water - closing my eyes and holding my breath. The water was cold but refreshing as I swam to the surface, gasping for breath. The boys were cheering when they saw I had made it.

I started to swim back to the beach, knowing the boys would easily catch up once they had also jumped.

I went to the car and brought the towels, the basket, and our clothes to the beach so we could dry off and I could warm up a little bit. I didn't want to jump again so soon! The guys joined me soon after, laughing and seeming real proud of themselves. They dived into the food and dried themselves as best they could.

'Congrats Katie, I honestly didn't think you'd jump' Sam laughed.

'Why not'

'Because you're not like us. You're scared of things and those things can hurt you'

'I like adrenaline rushes' I replied, 'I don't like this cold weather though. It would be nice to have the same body heat level as you guys'

'Here' Paul handed me the hoodie he had brought.

'Thanks' I replied, putting it on.

It was slightly too big for me but it was nice and snuggly. And it smelt like Paul. I was still shivering slightly so Paul oved a little so he could wrap his arms around me and press me to his body to steal his body heat. I snuggled into him happily.

'So you let us skip school just to jump from a cliff?' I asked Sam, 'Like I'm not complaining but why?'

'Well normally we do more than one jump but I think it's too cold for a human like you Katie. It's also going to be yours and Embrys first pack meeting. There's some things you both need to know'