Chapter Thirty Two

Paul was impatiently waiting for me when I arrived home and pulled me in for a hug as soon as I stepped out of the car.

'I missed you, Kitty' 

'I've only been gone a night'

'I know but it was way too long' he complained.

I rolled my eyes at him before we headed in to the house. Emily and Sam were sat in the living room.

'Katie, how is Willow?' Emily asked.

'She is fine. She just had some questions about the pack and stuff. I dropped her and Quil at school this morning and she seemed fine.'

'Good, well in that case Katie, Sam and I have something to tell you' Emily said excitedly.

'We've set a wedding date and will be getting married in two months' Sam announced.

'Wait, what? You've finally set a date that's so amazing!' I squealed.

'It was time, we have waited long enough' Emily said.

'Em is going to ask Leah to be her maid of honour but Katie, I would love it if you were my best man?' Sam asked hesitantly.

'Wait, you want me as your best man? Doesn't that break tradition?' I asked.

'Not really. Best men are usually the grooms best friend and there's no one else who I would say is a better best friend to me than you little sister.'

'If you're sure Sam then yes, I would love to be your best friend!' I said happily.

'I just hope Jacob is back by then' Emily said sadly.

'He will be. I'll drag him back myself if I have to' Paul promised.

'Just, next time you phase will you tell him I miss him?' I asked Paul, 'And send him mental pictures of me bawling my eyes out'

'I'll see what I can do Kitty' he kissed my forehead softly.

Emily and I started to discuss wedding details - I was so excited! She was finally going to officially be my sister. It was only going to be a small wedding - just the pack and family - but I was determined to help make it the best wedding ever!

'We have some more news for you Katie' Sam told me a little later.

'Geez, it's the day of news today' I muttered, 'Hit me with it'

'Well, I've been trying to get this sorted for a while now but it's only just gone through. I've got planning permission to build a house across from this one.' Sam announced.

'Okay?'

'This house is for you and Paul, Katie'

'Wait Sam are you serious? That's awesome!' I said happily.

'Well you're engaged now so I figured you'd want your own place but the pack would be upset if you moved far away and they didn't see you as much' Sam tried to shrug it off.

'Thank you Sam' I hugged him tightly, 'Major big brother points'

He looked a little bit embarrassed but I knew that as long as I was happy then he would be too.

'We'll go talk to some people later and sort out designs and time frames and stuff' Sam told me.

'Sounds good to me'

I snuggled against Paul, trying to have a small nap since I had been up quite early but he was talking to Sam about Jacob and Bellas wedding. Billy was going to the wedding with Charlie Swan and Sue Clearwater so Seth really wanted to go to keep an eye on his mom. Sam was letting him go but had organised for the whole pack to be in the woods watching to make sure that Seth would be safe in the vampire house.

Emily made lunch for us, Jared, Leah and Seth who had just finished their patrol and Paul took over to go and join Colin and Brady. Once we had eaten, Sam and I headed down in to the rez to meet with the guys who were going to be building the house. I didn't want to make any major decisions without Paul there with me but I did want to get an idea of when they would be starting and how long it would take.

'Sam, hey' a man greeted us as we walked in the store.

'Hey Joe. This is my sister Katie who the house is for' he introduced.

'Nice to meet you,' Joe said to me. 'If you want to come in to the office we can talk over the plan.'

We followed him to the office where he had the house plans laid out on the desk. It was a really cute three story house that had five bedrooms, three bathrooms and a decent sized kitchen amongst other rooms/

'Sam this house is huge!' I told him in awe.

'Paul wanted enough rooms for you to have people to stay over. He knew you would want the pack to stay over at some point' Sam shrugged.

'I love it. I'm so excited'

'Glad to hear, alright so we'll get started on Monday and we've been asked to do it as a rush order in about a month and a half to two months which is going to be a new challenge for us! So you have tomorrow and the weekend to change your mind on any design features.' Joe told me, 'We'll organise the internal features at a later date'

'Thanks Joe'

Sam and I left and he turned to look at me.

'Thank you Sam, this is such a big deal to me that you're doing this for me and Paul!'

'I know Katie. But this is a big step for you and Paul to take. I want to make sure you're ready to take it'

'We're ready for this Sam. I know we are. We're both going to graduate. Me in about three months if all goes to plan and we'll get jobs and it will all be fine' I reassured him.

'Speaking of jobs, the Fullers and Littleseas are going to pay you for your tutoring. They're impressed with the progress Colin and Brady have made recently.'

'Yay! I'm always down to get paid. Though it will be weird when they go back to school full time. I like tutoring them and Seth'

'Maybe you could look at becoming a teacher after you graduate Katie?' Sam suggested.

'Yeah, that sounds good actually. Thanks Sam'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Little filler chapter for you guys. I wanted to show a bit of Sam and Katies cute sibling relationship cos I feel like I don't show it that much. Some more stuff is going to be happening in the next couple of chapters that I have planned. Hopefully I will get chance to upload them soon for you all to enjoy.

Love Lottie Rose xoxo