Chapter Thirty Four

Apologies for the delay in my update - I've been crazy busy at work. I'm a property lawyer and anyone in the UK knows the stamp duty holiday has been extended so we're all crazy busy!! Stupid leaders of this country did not think about the effect this would have on conveyancers like myself - don't think any of us have slept since Christmas. So if any of you UK readers are buying/selling a house, please, please, please be kind to the people dealing with it as we are all under a lot of stress and probably already cried three times before you called. Also, apologies for any mistakes, I'm running on about 2 hours sleep.

Now for your update :) 

Paul was still asleep when I woke up the next morning so I headed downstairs in my pj's to grab some breakfast. Jacob, Quil, Seth, and Leah were sat at the kitchen table so I sat next to Jacob and hugged him tightly.

'I half thought you might have left again Jake'

'I will never leave again. I'm taking your threat very seriously.'

'Good'

My phone rang so I took the call in the living room even though the pack could hear every word I was saying anyway.

'Hey Kat!' two of my favourite voices came through the phone.

'Hey! How are you guys?'

'We're good Kat, we miss you'

'I miss you too'

'So what's up? You didn't give us much detail in your text' Camden said.

'Well basically it's two weeks until my brothers wedding and I'm helping with his fiancés bachelorette party so I was hoping to use my friendship with you both to my advantage' I laughed. 

'Do you want the full VIP package or the Kat special?' Camden asked immediately.

'Give her the Kat special man, it's been ages since we saw her!' Riley protested.

'Look, I'm fine with either. You know I am. It just seemed like a perfect excuse to see you guys but I don't want you to lose out on money or anything so whichever is cheaper.'

'Kat, since when have we ever cared about money when it comes to you?' Cam reminded me, 'When are you thinking? Next weekend?'

'Will that work? There's five of us.'

'I have three adjoining rooms free then if you're okay crashing with me and your friends double up' Riley confirmed.

'I have a booth free Saturday night as well so that will work for me as well.' Cam agreed.

'Awesome! So we can fly down Saturday, get ready at the hotel and head to the club. Thank you guys, I owe you big time.' I said happily.

'Of please Kat, you know full well it's the other way around.'

'I'll see you both on Saturday.'

I went back to the kitchen and Emily and Paul had joined the others. I sat next to Paul who kissed me softly.

'So Em, Leah, I got the bachelorette party sorted for next weekend. VIP treatment at a club and 3 rooms. We'll have to share.' I told them.

'How much is that going to cost?' Emily asked hesitantly.

'Just plane rides. The boys owe me so I get free access to the club and the hotel when I want' I shrugged.

'Why do they owe you?' Leah asked.

'Did you sleep with them?' Emily asked.

'Um, it's not your business if I slept with them or not Em. They just owe me can we leave it at that.'

'No. I want to know.' she demanded.

'Alright yeah, I slept with Cam but not Riley but that's not why they owe me. Their sister is the one who attacked me and they feel guilty even though it wasn't their fault' I told her furiously, shaking a little.

She glared at me as Paul pulled me to sit on his lap and hugged me tightly.

'Emily, leave it. Katie has done us all a favour here and you're dragging up her past. Be grateful for that.' Leah told her sternly.

'Oh come on, two guys doing whatever she asks - you don't find that strange?' Emily replied.

'Nope. Only person who should fine it strange is Paul and he seems surprisingly calm.' Leah argued.

'I just don't think this is a good idea.'

'Don't go then. Katie, Kim, Willow and I will go instead and you can stay home like a bore.'

Emily stayed quiet when Leah all but uninvited her from her own bachelorette party. Paul slowly loosened his grip on me when I had calmed down a little bit.

'Come on, let's go kidnap Willow from school between her lessons.' he whispered, pulling me up and dragging me outside.

'I'll come with you if you promise not to be mushy and gross' Leah announced, following us out to the car. 'And, fyi, I'm with you Katie, not Emily. You got an amazing weekend planned for us next week and who cares about your past? We all have them.'

'Thanks. So you still want to go?' I asked nervously.

'Of course!' Leah explained. 'Why should we miss an awesome night of partying? Providing the boys are okay with it'

'I'm okay with it' Paul agreed, 'I'm sure Embry and Jared will be down to let Willow and Kim go without them too'

We pulled up at the school and went to go and find Willow. She was at her locker in between classes.

'What are you doing here?' she asked.

'Kidnapping you' I replied with a grin.

That was all it took for her to follow us out to the car. Paul drove us to the beach and then headed home, leaving us to have some time just us girls. Minus Kim who we would catch up on the gossip later.

Leah explained to Willow what had happened earlier in the morning and she was just as shocked as we were by Emilys unusual reaction. None of us had an answer as to why she was so negative about the whole thing.

'Maybe she's jealous' Willow suggested.

'Of what? There's nothing to be jealous of' I protested.

'You have two guys that she doesn't know who are obviously very devoted to you and according to Embry at least half the pack love you more than her. Maybe she's insecure?' she said.

'That's crazy'

'She's right about the pack thing,' Leah said 'I hear them talking about you all the time. It's a little annoying'

'They are annoying.'

'So do you think I will actually be allowed in a club?' Willow asked.

'Yeah, don't worry. I'll be able to get you in but just don't go crazy on the alcohol. I'll speak to your mom about letting you go as well if you want?'

'Thanks Katie.'