Chapter Thirty Six

Paul and I had a fun night with his dad - we ate food, watched TV, and played board games. It has a really cosy, family feel to it and I was happy and relaxed when we went to sleep.

I was awake early the next morning - Paul had to go on patrol and I had to go and talk to Mrs Ateara about the girls weekend away. Mr Lahote made us eat breakfast before we left as he was worried we didn't eat enough and Paul walked me to the Ateara house.

Willow let me in and we headed to the living room where her mum was.

'Hey Katie, Willow told me you were coming over to talk to me' she said, getting straight to the point as we sat down.

'Yeah. To talk to you and ask permission really. It's Emilys bachelorette party next weekend and I was hoping you would allow Willow to join us. It's over near where I went to Boarding School. One of my friends owns the hotel we will be staying at and his brother owns the club we're going to' I explained to her.

'A club? I'm not sure about that Katie. You hear stories about what happens in clubs to young girls.'

'I understand that. But I spent a lot of time in the club before coming home and the security guards know and look out for me. They will look out for Willow too. I will ask them specially. We will be in the VIP area so we'll be safer than normal, away from the crowds so there will be less people around. Um, if you want I can make it so that Willow doesn't get served any alcohol if needed.'

Willow looked really betrayed when I said that but I knew I had to say whatever I needed to in order for her to join us for the weekend.

'How well do you trust these two boys Katie?' Mrs Ateara asked.

'So much. I've known them since I started at Boarding School and even after I broke up with Cam, we still stayed best friends.' I told her honestly.

'If I let Willow go I would like updates regularly'

'Of course. We can text, call before and after we're at the club, send pictures. Whatever you need' I promised.

'Let me think on it for a few days, and I will let you know.'

I agreed and Willow looked happy that her mom hadn't said no straight away. We left her mom alone - not wanting to stick around and change her mind so we headed home to hang out with the pack. They were all in the living room but Sam dragged me outside to talk to me.

'You look nervous' I told him.

'Because I wasn't sure whether or not to tell you this but mom is coming to the wedding. I know you don't really like her much but she is our mom and deserves to be there. I haven't told her about you and Paul being engaged so I'll let you do that at the reception' he chuckled.

'Ugh' I rolled my eyes at him 'If you weren't getting married I would kill you but fine! I'll even do it away from the crowds so we don't draw attention to ourselves if she throws a fit'

'Thanks Katie'

'You still look worried though Sammy, what's up?'

'I'm worried about how Emily has been acting towards you. I'm hoping it's just stress from the wedding planning.'

'It will be fine, you'll get married and live happily ever after and Paul and I will have a house and be out of your hair'

'I'll admit I'm kinda looking forward to you moving out in the nicest way possible' Sam laughed.

'I think it's time we had our own space Sam. We are kind of on top of each other here' I agreed.

'It's not like I won't see you since we're going to be neighbours.'

'Oh dear, I'll never escape you.'