Chapter Four

Kim had made me try on about five different outfits before settling on a pair of black denim shorts, a white vest top with a giraffe pattern on it, and black gladiator sandles. She made my make up a lot darker than I had it at school and added purple eyeshadow to match my nail varnish. She also plaited small strands of my hair.

'Perfect' Kim announced, 'now two minutes and I'll be ready'

She was already dressed in a cute flowery dress so she just borrowed my make up to touch hers up a little bit.

'Done. You're gonna knock Paul dead'

'Woah, wait. I don't like Paul like that' I told her.

'Liar. I saw you eyeing him up earlier' she laughed.

'Oh please!' I scoffed 'He's so full of himself. That and Sam would kill us both'

'Just hook up with him!'

'Kim! That's inappropriate!'

'It's not. This is girl talk so it's justified. Are you a virgin?'

'What? No. But what does it matter?' I questioned.

'Because Paul likes girls with experience. Duh' she told me.

'This is ridiculous. Can we go now?' I asked impatiently.

'Yeah, come on. We'll go meet the boys now' 

We walked downstairs, laughing, and met the boys in the living room.

'Wow, you girls look lovely' Emily complimented us.

'Thanks Em'

Jared went over to Kim and held her tight, whereas Paul came up to me and looked me up and down seductively.

'Paul' Sam warned.

'Sam, it's fine. I'm fine. Don't worry about me, I'll ring you or Emily if I need you okay?'

'Ring me straight away. Promise?'

'Promise'

'Be safe guys' Emily told us as we left the house.

Jared and Kim walked ahead of us all couply. They were adorable together but I was left with Paul and Kim's earlier conversation had left me a little nervous around him.

'You seem nervous' Paul announced, as if he had read my mind.

'Well, I barely know anyone except you, Jared, and Kim'

'And Lucas and Isla. Did you meet anyone else in your classes?' he asked.

'No one who left an impression, and I don't know if I like Isla. She has a creepy obsession with Sam'

'A few girls do'

'Ew'

'I'll introduce you to some cool people tonight' he promised.

'No, you don't have to' I objected 'I don't want to intrude on you and your friends'

'You won't be Kitty Kat, they'll like you' he reassured me.

'Noooooooo' I protested.

'Yes, you are meeting my friends Kitty Kat, and that's final' he decided.

He grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the bonfire that was now in sight from the road. Everyone there looked happy and were dancing, talking, and singing. They looked to be having a good time so I perked up a little bit.

'Lahote! Over here!' I recognised Lucas call from where he was stood with about five other people.

Paul dragged me over there with him.

'Yo guys, this here is Katie Uley! Kitty Kat, this is Tara, Lucy, Abi, Josh, Tom, andyou already met Lucas' he introduced.

'Hey Katie' they all greeted.

'I like your outfit' Abi told me, 'it's cute'

'Thank you. I'll admit I had help. I'm not that good when it comes to clothes' I confessed.

'Well if you're staying in La Push then I can teach you some things?' she offered.

'I'd like that' I smiled at her, confident I had just made a new friend.