Chapter One

A stunning woman answered the door.

'Hi there!' she greeted, 'Are you Katherine?'

'Yes, are you Emily?'

'I am. It's lovely to meet you, come in and we'll get you settled'

I carried my bags in the house, trying not to stare at the scars on Emily's face. Instead, I looked at the decor of the house, it was pretty and well decorated. I could hear voices coming from another room. They all sounded male and I was a little intimidated.

'You can leave your bags here sweetie. I'll get one of the boys to take them up to your room in a bit' Emily told me.

'Boys?' I asked hesitantly.

'Yeah. Your brother Sam is in the kitchen with two of his friends' she explained.

'Wow, okay'

'Come on Katherine, Sam's been excited to see you all week'

'I prefer Katie please'

'Sure sweetie, now come on'

She led me into the kitchen where three really tall and muscular boys were sat around the table. They all turned to look at us when we walked in and they smiled when they saw us. The oldest one stood up.

'Hey Katherine, good journey home?' he asked.

I recognised him as my brother, only he looked so different! He was older and looked a lot more mature than the last time I had seen him.

'Hey Sam, it was okay I guess. Thanks. Just long' I said quietly.

'You hungry?'

'Sure'

'Come sit down then, this is Jared and Paul' he introduced.

'Nice to meet you both' I said.

'You too Katherine' Paul said

'You're Sam's sister?' Jared asked.

'No duh. It's Katie by the way. I hate Katherine' I responded.

'Katie it is' Sam agreed 'You like pasta bake?' he asked.

'Yes, thank you'

'Take some before the boys do otherwise you won't get anything at all' Emily told me 'They eat way too much' she said fondly.

I helped myself to a plate full of food, it smelt delicious. I was about to start eating when I noticed the four of them watching me.

'What?' I asked slowly.

'That's a lot of food for a little girl' Jared commented.

'I'm not a little girl!' I protested 'I'm 16 years old!'

'Terribly sorry' he acted like he was offended but I knew he wasn't.

'Better be' I laughed.

The meal was great, Emily was a great cook and the boys were such good fun to hang out with and it was a really lovely family like environment.

'Paul, take Katie's things up to her room please?' Emily asked once our meal was over.

'Sure. Come on Katie, I'll show you where you're staying' Paul said, getting up to grab my bags.

'Thanks'

I followed him upstairs and he led me down the corridor to an open door. The bedroom was gorgeous, one wall had a cute wallpaper design and the others were painted a light purple colour. I loved it.

Paul placed my bags down in the middle of the floor.

'Thank you for showing me to my room'

'Anything for Sam's sister' he winked.

'I'm beginning to think you're a bit of a flirt Paul' I commented.

'Now why would you think that?' he asked playfully, leaving my room.

Once I was alone I slowly started to unpack my things. I didn't have a lot since we only had small bedrooms at my boarding school, only clothes and a few trinkets. I would have to go shopping at some point to make it look a bit more home like. It didn't take me too long to unpack so I sat on my bed, unsure what to do.

'Katie?' Sam said from the doorway, 'You should probably get some sleep, you have school tomorrow. I have enrolled you at the school on the rez'

'Do I have to?'

'Yes, you need to finish your education' he insisted.

'Fine' I pouted.

'Don't worry, Paul and Jared will be there too and they can keep an eye on you' he reassueed me.

'Okay'

'It's good to have you home Katie' he told me, leaving the room.