Chapter Thirty Seven

It was the weekend of the bachelorette party and we were getting ready to go to the airport. Mrs Ateara had agreed to let Willow join us after an awkward phone conversation with Riley and Camden and she made us promise to give her updates as much as we could.

It took a while to say goodbye to the pack - they were nervous about us going to the city without them being there to look out for us but Leah promised that she could handle it.

'I'll miss you Kitty' Paul said, kissing me.

'I'll miss you too baby. But we'll be back soon and I'll take photos so you can see us all dressed up and I'll text you as much as I can remember.' I promised.

'Text me when you land.'

I gave him one final kiss and joined the others in the taxi to the airport. Here we go! We were talking excitedly the whole time as we waited for our plane and raced each other to the gate when our flight was called. I slept for most of the flight until Kim woke me up just before we landed.

'Katie, you need to wake up. You have to drive us to the hotel.' she reminded me.

'Ugh, why didn't I take Cam up on his offer to pick us up?' I groaned as we exited the plane and made our way to a rental car.

I drove down the familiar streets pointing out all the places I used to visit whilst at school and finally parked up at the hotel.

'Hey Kat!' Sydney greeted as I reached the front desk.

'Hey Syd, have you seen Camden or Riley? They said to let them know when I was here but neither of them are picking up their phones' I rolled my eyes.

'According to their diaries they are in the office. Do you want to go through?'

'Yeah thanks' I headed over to let the girls know where I was going, 'I'll be back in two, the guys are in their office so I'm gone go piss them off' I said with a grin, walking towards the office.

I knocked loudly on the door and threw it open as soon as I heard Riley yell for me to come in.

'Here was me thinking I was gonna get a royal welcome but here you are hiding from me!'

'Kat! I'm sorry! We got caught up in work' Cam apologised as they both came over to squash me in a hug. 'Are your friends here? Damn, I bet they think bad of us for not greeting them.'

'Chill Cam. They're from the rez, they don't care about the rules of society like that. It's not the norm for us' I shrugged.

'Us? Damn Katie have you changed your ways?' Riley laughed in disbelief.

'Some of my ways Riley. I'm a kept woman now, I need to behave' I teased, waving my engagement ring at them.

'Wow, your guy has better taste than I thought he would.' Cam commented, examining the ring closely.

'Come on then, I suppose we'd best go and meet your new friends and not keep you all to ourselves.'

We walked over to the girls and I swear I saw them swoon slightly at the sight of them.

'Guys, this is Camden and Riley. Boys, this is my future sister - in - law Emily, and my friends Leah, Willow, and Kim.' I introduced.

'Nice to meet you all' Riley said politely 'Would you like to see your rooms?'

'That would be great thanks' Kim said in a real girly voice.

I glanced at her and she blushed a little.

'I've got to check on the club so I'll see you tonight Kat' Cam gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and left us with Riley.

Riley took us upstairs to the rooms we were staying in - they were adjoining rooms which made it more fun as we got ready as we didn't have to all squeeze in to one room.