Chapter 27

Everyone was sitting on the bleachers waiting for the baseball game to start. Erin and Kim had made signs for Leo as well. Today Leo's coach was letting him pitch, this was a really big thing for him. So before the game started Jay gave a pep talk to motivate him.

Jay: your ready bud!
Leo: no I'm nervous, what if I mess up and cause us to lose the game.
Jay: You won't, your gonna go out there an have an amazing game. We've been practicing for a while now, your more than ready. Look, everyone from the team even came to cheer you on.
Leo: I don't want you to be embarrassed of me if I suck today.☹️
Jay: I would never be embarrassed of you, I am so proud of you. I have the most amazing son on the entire planet, and I love you so much. Now go out there and have a great time, me and mom will be cheering you on.
Leo: Thanks dad!

Leo's coached called him in the huddle before everyone found their spot on the field. Leo stood on the mound calming his nerves and tuning out all the distractions the other team was giving him. Leo threw the first pitch, and there was just silence and then "STRIKE 1". He threw 2 more and recorded his first out, he had calmed his nerves down and was now relaxed on the mound. Leo was ready to go, the next 2 batters he destroyed them.

Coach: Amazing job out there Leo!
Leo: Thank you!
Coach: and your hitting 3rd so get ready.
Leo: Okay!

The first kid up hit a single line drive to the right field. The second kid doubled, there's 2 on base and it's Leo's turn. The pitcher throws the first pitch and Leo let's it go by, and one of the kids shout out "he can throw the heat but he can't take it". Then the pitcher threw the second pitch and Leo crushed it "HOMERUN" , and flipped the bat in the air. As he was running around the bases he told the kid, " I guess I can take the heat". Erin and the team is yelling out Leo's name. So far Leo was doing great they were now in the 5th inning and Leo was having a shutout game so far. They were up 8 to 0, Leo had 6 runs scored by him, 1 homer, 1 double and a single. Just like the first few inning, Leo threw another shutout inning. He just needed 3 more outs in the sixth inning to record his first ever no hitter. At the bottom of the 5th inning Leo's team got another run in the score was now 9-0, they were in the finally inning, this was his game for the taking. Leo recorded his finally 3 outs to seal the game for the team.

Coach: Congratulations guys on an amazing first game. First we're gonna go shake the other teams hand then we'll talk.
Team: okay!
Other coach: Great game, you guys are really good. Your pitcher is amazing, I know the season just started but your already championship contenders. Good luck guys!
Coach: Thank you! Good luck on your season as well!

Coach: As I was saying, you guys did amazing. Leo I have to crown you as mvp of today's game, because you were outstanding. I've never seen pitching like that, now I want everyone to go out an celebrate.

Leo packed up his gear before leaving the field, to his surprise everyone was standing in the parking lot with their "Team Leo" shirts with balloons waiting for him.

Erin: Congratulations Munchkin you were amazing!
Jay: I am so proud of you bud you did an amazing job!
Kevin: That was some Professional level pitch back there.
Adam: Your officially cooler than me, congrats dude!
Kim: Congratulations Leo, you were so good.
Mouse: Me and nick discussed it, your our pitcher for the next game against the Kris.
Nick: you've been holding out on us!
Nadia: Let's celebrate the MVP!
Trudy: I'm treating me favorite boy to ice cream.
Adam: I thought I was your favorite!
Trudy: In your dreams!

Leo and the team left the baseball field and headed to Dave and Busters to celebrate Leo's big win. He was so happy and carefree I'm that moment, he had the time of his life today. When they finally left Dave and Busters Leo was sleep in the backseat before they had even left the parking lot.

Jay: Our munchkin is down for the count!
Erin: He exhausted, today was a lot for him. I have something to tell you, I'm "Bang"..............

Cough.. cough Er.. Leo....Daddy....

Jay: It's okay bud, does anything hurt?
Leo: My arm, dad it really hurts. Is mom okay she's not talking?
Leo: Just hold tight imma try to call 911?
911: This is 911 who am I speaking with?
Jay: This is Detective Jay Halstead of The intelligence unit, I've been in a car accident. I need you to get firehouse 51 and Ambo 51 here and the intelligence unit. Please hurry my girlfriend is unconscious.
911: The ambulance is in route to you now. Is there any injuries you identify?
Jay: My leg, my sons arm and I'm not about my girlfriend.

🚑🚑🚑

Jay: I hear the ambulance.
Gabby: Jay, what happened?
Jay: I don't know one minute we're driving, next upside down. Erins unconscious, and I think Leo may have fractured his arm. Get them out first.
Gabby: we'll get Leo first, then Erin. Leo can you move?
Leo: Yea, I can crawl to you.
Gabby: okay do that, when you get out we'll put you on a backboard.
Leo: Okay, Can you please go help my mom🥺 she's not talking.
Gabby: Brett go check on Erin?
Brett: Okay, she has a pulse, pupils are responsive. Erin......Erin if you can here me squeeze my hand?
Erin: Ahh.. IT HURTSS
Brett: Erin what hurts?
Erin: my hip, where's Leo and jay?
Jay: I'm here, Leo's with Gabby's checking him out.
Erin: Brett you have to get me out of here, I...I'm...........
Brett: Gabby she's seizing tell Casey we need the assist.
Gabby: push 5mg of Lorazepam.
Jay: Erin, I'm here come on Er this isn't how we end.
Casey: Ready to extract, put a backboard down here and have the stretcher ready. Move on my count 3.2.1 MOVE...
Gabby: Alright let's get her in the ambo, kelly's is helping Jay out. Jay you and Leo ride in the other ambo, me and Brett will take her to med.
Jay: okay, Leo we're gonna head to the hospital now. We gotta get you checked out.
Leo: Where's mom? Is she okay.
Jay: she will be fine, their gonna take her to Will and aunt Nat so they can fix her up.

In the ambulance Will Gabby.....
Gabby: How's she doing?
Brett: she stopped seizing, I think she waking up. Erin...Erin can you hear me.
Erin: Yea, what happened?
Brett you've been In a car accident.
Erin: Where's Leo, where's Jay?
Brett: Their in the ambulance behind us. Does anything hurt?
Erin: Just my hip and my head.
Brett: You we're about to tell me something before you had a seizure. Do you know what that was? You said I'm.....
Erin: I.. I'm pregnant........
Brett: 😳😳😳