Chapter 6

The next morning...........

Beep..beep..beep....
It's 10am, Erin flipped over and turned her alarm clock off. She had 2 hours to get her final decision into the commander. She woke Leo up and got him dressed and also woke nick up. She handed him some water and aspirin, she knows he will need that for his hangover. She left him a note and told him she would be back later. Erin and Leo hopped into their car 🚘 and headed to Ivory Tower, when she arrived she asked for the commander.

Commander: Good afternoon Ms. Lindsay, and we haven't met. What's your name?
Leo: Leonardo Lindsay, but you can call me Leo.
Commander: well good afternoon Leo. How about we get down to business.
Erin: sure!
Commander: Do you have an answer for me?
Erin: yes we do! Yes I will take the job.
Commander: that's what I was hoping to here, I know this is sudden but we need you to report ASAP like the next 48 hrs.
Erin: That is soon, but I can make it work. I do have one request.
Commander: what is it?
Erin: Don't tell them it's me accepting the job, you can tell them whatever you want. Just don't disclose that it's me taking the job.
Commander: I can do that, is there anything else we can help with?
Erin: Yes, do you know any good realtors?
Commander: actually we wanted to offer you a home. You are a greater asset to this department, you will have your own personal driver/ right hand as well. This will all come with the job.
Erin: I guess all that's left to do is get him registered into school, what are your best private schools?
Commander: Best private school is Between Roycemore school and university of Chicago laboratory schools, they are both very expensive.
Erin: who has the better sports team?
Commander: Roycemore, you do know how hard it is getting into that school.
Erin: Leo here will have no problem, and money is not a problem.
Commander: okay, good luck getting in Leo. Have a great day.

That afternoon Erin called the Roycemore school and Leo's current school in New York. They didn't seem to have a problem transferring him right over. Erin headed back to the hotel to pack there things and drop them off at Their new house.

At the district platt had just got off the phone with the commander. Platt went upstairs to inform the team on the commander's decision.

Platt: Listen up the Commander has chosen Voights replacement.
Adam: ah crap who is it.
Platt: commander wouldn't disclose her name.
Adam: so it is a woman?
Kim: calm down Adam.
Hailey: so what do we know about her?
Platt: The only things I know about her is that she runs a tight ship, I told you she was one of the fastest agents to climb the ranks.
Adam: you mean slept her way up the ranks. This is bullshit!
Antonio: we don't even know who it is yet calm down.
Platt: Yea, Adam I would shut up, Commander did say no ones job is secure.
Everyone:😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
Jay: what the hell does that mean
Platt: commander said when she took over her last post she fired the entire team and rebuilt it. She said if your not ready to put in the work she won't tolerate a lazy ass.
Kevin: Yea, Adam you better shut up.
Platt: she will report here in 48 hrs.
Jay: what will happen to Hanks stuff?
Platt: I'll call Lindsay and see if she hasn't left yet, but if I  was yall i would get my shit together.

Platt returned downstairs to call Lindsay fortunately she answered.
Platt: Hello....
Erin: Hey... what's up?
Platt: I was wondering if you had left yet?
Erin: no I'm still in town I won't leave till tonight, why?
Platt: The new Sergeant starts in 48 hrs and I thought you might want to be the one to clean his office out.
Erin: 😔, sure me and Leo are on our way, can you do me a favor?
Platt: yea sure!
Erin: can you have boxes ready and some donuts for Leo.
Platt: sure kiddo!

Erin called nick to give him a heads up that she was going to the district to clean out Hanks office.

Nick: I didn't get to tell you last night I ran into your team at Molly's, I may have mentioned some things.
Erin: like what? What did they ask you?
Nick: They just asked what Leo was like, how did you score tickets to the game, how are you? I did mention you know Joe Maddon, I almost let it slip on how you knew him.
Erin: seriously nick, anything else.
Nick: I'm sorry, they kept handing me free beers, then I realized they were trying to get information out of me so I left.
Erin: well at least you figured it out, Thank you for not saying anything.
Nick: I got your back boss.
Erin: That reminds me, since I've accepted the job I can build my own team.
Nick: what are you saying?
Erin: I'm offering you a spot in Intelligence.
Nick: are you serious, I would get more field work.
Erin: yea, think about it and let me know later.
Nick: Thank you I will.