Chapter 42

A few weeks had passed and it was finally Leo's birthday. He was more than happy to enjoy this day with all his friends and family. Jay was able to rent out the entire bowling alley, he told Erin he knew a guy. Erin was able to find someone to make customization to some Jerseys for the party.

Right now Both Leo and Chloe are both sleep, so jay decided to start on Leo's birthday breakfast. A nice stack of pancakes with strawberries 🍓 and whipped cream. Erin went to go get Chloe, she was laying in her crib watching the mobile. Erin scooped her up and and changed her diaper, and then switched her onesie. Then she brought her over to the rocking chair to feed her. She loved having this special bond with her daughter, knowing she was able to provide her the best nutrients. Chloe was growing so fast already, in the few weeks that she had been home she has already gained a few pounds, and her doctor loves it.

Jay: Morning my beautiful fiancé and sweet little girl.
Erin: Morning baby, here do you wanna burp her?
Jay: Yea, afterwards we can go wake up the Birthday boy.
Erin: I can't believe he's 8 years old!
Jay: I can't either, he's an amazing 8 year old though. I don't want him to grow up so fast.
Erin: Before you know it he gonna be a teenager who picks his friends over us.
Jay: Slow down, he's not even 10, so we got a few years.
Erin: I guess, let's go wake him up.

Jay carried Chloe as he and Erin walked down the hall to Leo's room. Last night after Leo went to sleep, Erin and Jay was able to hang a birthday banner and fill his room with balloons.
They climbed in his bed, each laying on the side of Leo.

Erin: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUNCHKIN....
Jay: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY....
Leo: Thank you so much!
Erin: Your 8 years old, your growing up so fast.
Jay: Are you excited for today?
Leo: Yes I am, I can't wait to wear my jersey.
Erin: Me and dad got you a new one.
Leo: Are you serious.
Jay: Yup but before we give it to you how about we eat breakfast first?
Leo: Can I have pancakes?
Erin: Let's go down stairs and make them.

Leo hopped out the bed and headed to the bathroom first, before leaving he brushed his teeth. Jay, Erin and Chloe was already waiting down stairs. So when he walked down stairs he saw a tall stack of pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream his eye got huge. They sat down at the table and ate their breakfast. After they finished their breakfast they all went to go get changed. Leo walk down stairs wearing his white shirt with medium washed ripped jeans and white converse. The entire family was wearing the same thing.

Erin: one jersey for munchkin we hope you like it!!
Leo: Is this the New Jersey's, they were only just released 2 days ago. How did you get them.
Erin: Well uncle Joe, really wanted to help us make your birthday special. Turn it around.
*Halstead #8*
Jay: Do you like it bud?
Leo: I love It, this is so cool. What time do leave for the party, I can't wait to show everyone my jersey.
Erin: Let's finish getting dressed and we'll head out. Some of the team is head there now.

The family finished getting ready, they all had their new Wrigleyville jerseys on, with the matching ripped jeans an white converse. After they finished they all piled in the car and headed to lucky strike down Chicago. Kim had already informed Erin that some of the kids had arrived, and the team was waiting. Mouse and Nadia had already picked up the birthday cake. Will, Natalie and Owen also just arrived.

Erin: You ready for this birthday boy?
Leo: So ready! Do you think they are wearing their jerseys?
Jay: I know for a fact they are, I think today is gonna be great. We get to celebrate our awesome son with amazing friends and family.
Leo: Dad, don't embarrass me in front of my friends.
Jay: Me, I would never embarrass you maybe mom but not me your cool fun dad.
Erin: That was embarrassing babe.
Jay: Whatever you dorks, let's head in.
Leo: I still love you dad, hahaha!
Jay: I still love you too.