Chapter 16

**Bang** **Bang.. Bang**

Jay: Erin.. Erinnnn

In that moment Jay's heart sunk straight to the ground, so many thoughts was now racing through his head. "Were they to late? What was he going to tell Leo? and most importantly who was on the receiving end of the shots?

Jay: MOVE IN, hurry go...... Erin call out.. call out Er....
Erin: Help, I'm in here..
Antonio: She's in here!
Jay: Er..Erin are you okay?
Erin: a few cracked ribs, broken finger, and bruising, but can you like help get him off me that would help a lot.
Antonio: no problem!

Antonio and jay helped remove the body of Colby off of her. Jay helped her stand up, he asked her if she wanted an ambulance she said no one of them could drive her their. As they started walking to the stairs Erin turned around to ask jay a question when she inhaled a deep breathe and suddenly collapsed. Jay was able to catch her and lay her on the ground, he put his fingers on her next to check her pulse, is was weak. He lifted her shirt to see a purple and blue bruise over her ribs and stomach area.

Jay: I think she may have a puncture lung, it's gonna take forever for an ambulance to get here. Go pull the truck around!

The rest of the team walk in the room to see their leader laying on the ground unconscious.

Jay: Kev helped me get Erin out to the truck.
Adam: we made sure to clear the rest of the warehouse.
Jay: One of you will have to stay here to wait for the CSU team.
Antonio: the car is out front Kim you drive and I'll stay and secure the scene keep me posted.

Kevin and jay brought Erin out to the truck, jay sat in the back with her, holding her hand as tight as possible. Kim turned on the sirens, jay called Will to inform him they were bringing Erin in. Will assured him that we would have a team and room on standby. Both Kevin and Jay were surprised by Kim's driving skills, she got them to the hospital in record time.

Will and his team slid Erin out the car and onto a gurney. They pushed her through the Er to a room, they quickly got her vitals onto the screen.

Will: heart rate is low, let's get a ultrasound of the belly and a scan of her chest cavity.
Nurse: ready!
Will: everyone clear..... got it.. okay she has a punctured lung. Okay and the ultrasound shows bleeding in her right upper quadrant. Tell Dr. Choi we're sending her up.
Nurse: okay I'll in form him.

Erin was sent upstairs for emergency surgery. Will went out to the waiting to inform the team on Erin's condition.

Will: Hey guys!
Jay: How is she?
Will: she's in surgery right now, she punctured her lung, and she had internal bleeding as well. Her non serious injury was the broken finger. Right now she's in a tough spot right now, but she's the strongest person we know jay.
Jay: I know, but what am I suppose to tell Leo.
Jay: I don't know jay, just tell him we're doing everything we can.

Dr. Choi: we're going in to find where the bleeding is coming from, and then we can repair the lung.
Dr.Crockett: okay, let's get started.

Dr. Choi: More suction, looks like the bleeding is coming from her kidney, shit we might need to take it out. Nurse Page Will for me!

Nurse: paging Dr. Will Halstead to the Er.... Dr.Will Halstead to the ER.

Jay: is that where Erin is?
Will: Yes, but it's probably nothing to worry about. I'll be back!

Will: You paged?
Dr.Choi: Yea, she's gonna need kidney transplant. Call, and see if they have a match. You might want to tell everyone in the waiting room to.
Will: Shit, I'll call UNOS then inform the team.

Will left and went to call unos, with Erin's past of substance abuse she wasn't placed high on the list. So next he was going to update the team about everything that is going on.

Jay: So what's up, how's she doing?
Will: If Im being honest not great, she needs a kidney transplant. Hers was damaged beyond repair. I've already put a call into UNOS, she's on the list but she has to wait, might be hours might be days.
Jay: That doesn't sound very hopeful.
Will: We might get lucky with a donor.
Kim: What if I donate?
Will: We can try, we just have to see if your a match.
Jay: Check mines as well?
Kevin: Me too!
Will: Alright all of follow me. Hey Maggie can you help me, we need to draw blood from all three. Then run it and see if any of them are a match.
Maggie: okay!

After collecting blood from all three, Maggie sent the blood off to the lab to be tested. Dr. Choi was able to repair the lungs, they closed her up and sent her to the icu to wait. After what felt like forever the blood work finally came back, their was 2 positive matches.

Will: So both of you are matches, so your gonna need to pick which one wants to donate.

Kim: It would be better if I donate and you can help her recover. There's no discussion I will donate.
Will: okay follow me and we can get you prepped.
Jay: Kim, Thank you for doing this.
Kim: Jay she's my family to.

Will walked Kim in and sorted into a room, he brought all the paper works she needed to fill out. After getting Kim checked in, he went to check on Erin, she was pretty stable for now. The nurses was coming to prep her for the OR as well. Then it was finally time Kim and Erin was rolled in to the OR.

The entire OR had filled up with fellow pole officers, the crew from 51 and some of the staff at the hospital kept popping in. Mouse had kept Leo for the night while Jay stayed at hospital, but the next morning Mouse brought Leo to the hospital. Leo had sat down Next to Jay and laid his head on Jay's shoulder. Every now and then Leo would let out a few tears, but he would quickly wipe them before anyone could see.

A few hours later will came out and updated the team, both Erin and Kim are doing great. They are being transferred to to the recovery wing. He informed Jay that Erin might be out for a little while, because her body is still trying to recovery. When he got the all clear Jay went to see Erin, she was pale and weak, but to jay she was still beautiful. Jay sat next to her bed talking to her for a few hours until she finally woke up.

After the ladies had both got settled into their rooms, they asked if they could share a room instead. They didn't want everyone going back and forth between the two rooms. Will bring the amazing doctor he is, made that happen. Both ladies was now in one room big suite, and the team started piling in.