Chapter 34

Saturday "THE BIG DAY"

The Lindsay-Halstead family was ready for the day's adventure. First up was Leo final game of the regular season. Erin and the team had been prepping spirit wear for the game. Everyone had shirts made for the game that said " Team Leo" with his picture on the back. There was posters made, and a nice long banner as well. This was last game of the regular season and all stops had to be pulled out.

Leo was still sleep when Erin and Jay woke up, they  made their munchkin a nice healthy breakfast for before the game. Chocolate chip pancakes, eggs and bacon with a big glass of orange juice. Erin went to wake Leo up, but he was already up. He was putting his uniform pants on, and his undershirt. He waits till he finishes his breakfast to put on his jersey.

Erin: Morning munchkin!
Leo: Good morning momma!
Erin: You ready for today?
Leo: Yup, we're going to the playoffs and I get to see if I will have a brother or sister.
Jay: I love the confidence buddy, your gonna do great today.
Leo: Thank you daddy!
Jay: No problem, We want you to have fun out there today.
Erin: yes, we love you no matter what! Even though we both know your gonna do great.
Leo: Thank you both, I'm excited for the party! Momma did you cut the orange slices up and did you get the Gatorade for the team?
Erin: I got everything prepared, all we have to do is finish breakfast and head out. The team will meet us out there, your gonna have a lot of people cheering you on!
Jay: That's one thing for sure, you have a huge family!
Leo: I know me and the baby are very blessed.
Erin: alright guys let's head out, our son has a playoff spot to secure.

Jay and Erin packed the car and headed to the baseball field. Kevin had made Leo a Hype playlist, the first song was "coming in hot by Lecrae". This song had the ability to really get Leo hyped up. He was sitting in the back getting in his zone, so by the time they pulled up to the field he was all in. He kept his headphones and grabbed his things and walked to the field. After he placed all of his belongings in the dugout he walked on the field to start loosening up. By this time "Lose yourself by Eminem" was on, Leo had that look in his eye that said he wasn't meant to be played with.

Erin and the team was setting up in the stands.  Leo had friends from school, the district, the hospital and the firehouse out to support him.

Umpire: Coach Johnson, Coach Parker are both teams ready to start.
Coach Johnson: we're ready!
Coach Parker: we're also ready!
Umpire: Since Johnson's team is visiting they will bat first. Shake hands gentlemen, and let's get this show on the road!

Both coaches shake hands before returning to their dugouts.

Coach Parker: Leo, are you warmed up?
Leo: Yes coach.
Coach Parker: Do you think you can give me 6 solid innings?
Leo: I can sir, but let someone pitch before me so I can be ready for the playoffs. It'll be lights out when I pitch so let Cam pitch the first 2 innings and I will do the rest. Just put me at shortstop, so I can still hit.
Coach Parker: You know kid, you're very smart when it comes to the game of baseball.
Leo: I've had some amazing teachers.
Coach Parker: Cam your up first, try your best to strike them out.
Cam: shouldn't Leo be pitching, he's amazing!
Coach Parker: I know but you will start and he will finish. You can do this, go out there and have fun.
Cam: Okay!

Cam went in as pitcher and Leo at shortstop. Cam's first inning wasn't too bad, he only allowed 3 runs, next up was the home team. After 2 walks and single bases was loaded, Leo was now up.

Erin: Let's go Leo, you can do this munchkin!
Jay: Let's go bud!
Intelligence: Leo..Leo..Leo
Firehouse: Leo... Leo...Leo
Med: Leo.. Leo..Leo.. Leo

Umpire: Strike 1...
Erin: Relax munchkin you can do it!
Umpire: Foul....
Erin: let's go munchkin!
Jay: you got this.

On the next pitch Leo stepped into the pitch and rocked the ball between centerfield and right field. Leo's rounding first and headed to second. His third base coach is waving him to third so Leo doesn't stop he keeps going. The player finally grabbed the ball and threw it to third base. Both Leo and the ball arrived at the same time.

Umpire: SAFE.....
Announcer: Leonardo Halstead has tripled and has 3 RBI's and it's only the first inning.

The next batter singled and Leo scored. The following three batters struck out. Fortunately Cam was able to make a great recovery in the 2 inning only allowing 1 run. The game was now tied, 2 runners on base and now back at the top of the order. They were able to score a run, they now had 2 outs and 2 runners on base. Leo was back up at home plate. He knew he needed to create some breathing room for his team. He let the first pitch go bye, but the second pitch. Jay stood up so fast, as he watched as the ball was rocketed outside of the right fields.

Umpire: HOMERUN!!!!
Announcer: Leonardo Halstead is having himself a game today people. I can tell you right now, his parents are more than proud of him. For the fans who arrived late, Leonardo Halstead is leading this game in RBI's, he has 5 RBI's on the day so far. The score is now 7-4,  we still have 4 innings to go. Now we're at the top of the 3rd inning and it's looks to be a pitching change happening.
Coach Parker: Leo, you ready to take the mound.
Leo: Yes, I am!
Announcer: What can't this kid do, Leonardo Halstead will now switch to the pitchers position.
Jay: let's go buddy!
Will: let's go Leo, Lights out time!
Kelly: Let's go little Halstead!!!!

Leo takes a few deep breathes before he starts pitching. Once he's ready, he tips his head to the catcher. The batter steps into the box and Leo gets to work immediately. Leo went through the 3rd inning so quickly, he was putting the team on his back. Leo had everyone in the stands chanting his name. Leo and his team added a run in the bottom of the 3rd. Leo was back on the mound for the 4th inning, and it was another lights out inning. Leo and the team didn't score any run in the bottom of the 4th. 5th inning and Leo was still on a hot streak, he currently retired 9 batter and still had a minimal of 6 batters left to face. In the bottom of the 5th Leo homered once again adding 2 runs to their score. They had taken a 10-4 lead. They was now heading into the final inning, and Leo was ready to retire the finally 3 players.

Erin: 3 more munchkin! You got this.
Fans: Leo....Leo...Leo....Leo.....Leo

Just like that Leo and his team was on their way to the playoffs. Leo had an unbelievable game.

Announcer: Final score 10-4 Chicago rapids will be advancing to the playoffs. Player of the game and MVP goes to Leonardo Halstead. Leonardo alone scored 6 of the 10 points, he retired 12 batters back to back. Congrats on one heck of a game kid!
Coach Johnson: congratulations guys, Coach you've got yourself a one of a kind player. I have no doubt you guy will make it to the World Series. Especially if Halstead plays.
Coach Parker: Thank you coach, and yes he is a very special player. See you guys next season!

Coach Parker: I need my players to huddle up over here by your parents, I have some announcements as well as awards to hand out for the regular season. First off, congratulations guys we're in the playoffs. Secondly, playoff will start next Saturday, and we will have regular practice. We only have to play 2 round before the World Series tournament. Now for the awards! Everyone gets a participation medal, but these players went above and beyond. Cam, I want to give you and award for your talent at 3rd base you do an amazing job. Zack, most improved player. Colby, great base running. Leo....

Intelligence: woooo leoooo!!!
Coach Parker: kid you have raw talent, and we as your teammates are incredibly lucky to have you on our team.

Erin is trying to wipe her tears as fast as they are pouring out. Jay wraps his arms around her and pulls her in for a hug.

Erin: That's our kid!
Jay: Yes, he is. He is truly amazing.
Coach Parker: Alright guys get out here and go celebrate.

The team dispersed and Leo walked over to the large crowd of people that came to see him. Everyone gave him hugs and congratulated him, but all Leo want to do is see his parents and go to the gender reveal.