𝓓𝓮𝓼𝓸𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮

✧・゚│Picture is by me

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After that week, we had divulged the ecstatic news to both of our families, including our friends who were present at our wedding that were wishing good upon my pregnancy. But of course, I couldn't invite them all to the mansion, because I'd rather leave that for the baby shower event.

Alya and my parents had visited last weekend, and I was glad to have been able to spend more time with them. My capacity for work can sometimes pierce my tolerance for handling circumstances rationally, such that involve my relationship with my husband. I've been believing that it's just a rough patch that us, as a married couple, must overcome in order to flourish for what lies ahead like a stream full of incalculable sufferings and jubilation.

Things will turn out to be well...

Here I sat with Félix and his mother in the garden outside, each of us enjoying a cup of tea while the humid air apart from the shelter over us buzzes from the reaction of the solar energy. I lean over the right armrest of my chair, and wrap my arms around his bicep, clinging to him like a desperate kitten afraid of seeing its owner disappear without warning. Yes, believe it or not, it has been about two weeks since he began working 12 hours a day, usually even on the days he had off. I would barely be able to wake up to see him off each morning, and I would fall asleep, having no conscious control, before he even returned home. Each night, I tried to keep myself awake, and I would begin to worry when I would sense no movement at all from our babies. I can tell that I've been drowning into deep sleep, because even though Félix would spoon me and hold me once he joined me in bed, it was already too late for me to open my eyes and speak to him about how my day went. I would unconsciously mumble his name and other things, but there were also nights when I would cry myself to sleep. Regardless of knowing that it was bad for me and the fetuses, this was starting to become my breaking point in a gradual sense. It was like being exposed to sensitivity without having even an ounce of reinforcement to stop myself from releasing these emotions.

I know I should be upright about my thoughts to him, but I can't stop thinking whether it'll be a bother to him or not since he's so busy.

"Baby, why aren't you taking more days off to relax from work? I've been missing you so much lately, because we barely see each other..." I say after Amelie leaves to go ask one of the maids to bring some cookies.

His eyes gaze indifferently far ahead while sipping from his cup as mine stay focused on him during the sudden silence. "...I must not spare even a minute in my business right now. I know you might not comprehend or discern the pressure I have upon my shoulders, but a few hours together like this should suffice for the time being..."

I frown a little, looking down at his arm that I'm holding, "B... But I'm your wife... And I think it's unfair that you're working such heavy shifts while I'm working at home, not being able to see you. Do you not care about me...?" I ask quietly.

"If I didn't care about you, then I wouldn't be exerting myself day and night. It's for the future of our family that I must make all the profit I can with the active contractual deals." He says with a tone that barely had any sympathy left, and it gave rise to my depression.

"But I need-" I begin, and immediately get cut off by his harsh words. "We will no longer discuss this further. My migraines have been terrible for the past few days, so I beg of you to cease any disputes that might possibly cause me irritation. Merely because you are my wife, does not mean I'll suffer financial losses."

"I-I..." My heart stops beating for a while, feeling discomfort in my chest as I pull myself away from him. "I understand..."

"Good. And now, you won't feel alone as my mother has chosen to stay here in one of the guest bedrooms for a week or two." His fingers stroke my thigh before they return to grab the handle of his teacup.