𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓭𝓼

I get up and go over to the sink to wash it but I remove the two small bottles of milk first. Turning around, I ask Marinette, "What should I do with these??"

She looks up while wiping her chest, and shrugs, "I don't know to be honest..."

Without further thinking, I twist off the cap of the first bottle and tip it against my mouth, drinking it quickly, "Can't let it go to waste-"

"Félix!" She blushes, trying to get up.

I savour it for a while and realize it doesn't taste as bad as I thought. Smirking, I twist off the cap of the second bottle and drink it, shamelessly.

"Félix, stoppp!" She blushes more and grabs a pillow from behind her and throws it at me.

I chuckle, and clean the bottles and pump under the faucet, "It tastes good, mama~"

After scrubbing inside and out, I leave the equipment on the counter for it to dry, then walk back to the bed and look down at her. Her face was completely red so I caress her warm cheek with my hand.

I smile at her without a doubt, "At least I brought back the colour in your skin."

She tilts her head a little and rubs her cheek against my palm, blushing, "You're too good at doing that..." My heart skips a beat and I realize that she has always been blushing whenever I'm near her. Also, she seems to be more comfortable with me than she was yesterday and even before that.

Lovingly, I stroke her cheekbone using my thumb, "Wanna go home?"

She looks at me and blinks several times, "Um, what do you mean 'home'?"

"My home is now yours as well."

"Oh, I-I didn't know that..." She looks down and her cheeks instantly turn pink. I patiently wait for her to respond and she eventually does, "...I think I'm ready to go home."

Nodding, I go out into the hall and speak with one of the nurses that was passing by. I fully explain Marinette's condition and how her vitals seem to be functioning much better as if they were almost back to normal; back to recovery. The female smiles, "Very well then. I suppose it's okay to discharge her a day early, but if any issues arise, contact her gynaecologist immediately."

"Understood. Thank you." I smile politely and walk back to Marinette's room in happiness.

She is massaging her back when I come in and tell her, "You're stable enough to leave. But you don't have any clothes..." I scan the room to see if there were any bags but I see nothing of that sort.

She nods, "Mhm, can you maybe get some things for me? From my bedroom?"

"Of course, I was thinking of doing that. Everything's in your closet, right?" I ask and take out my car keys when she nods again. "I'll be right back. Call me if you need anything else."

˖₊ Marinette's POV

─────

I watch him as he turns and leaves the room; my handsome, golden, sweet man. I smile a little and bite my lip in anxiety and sadness, feeling slightly depressed without him. To pass the time, I reach over and grab my phone from the table at the side of my hospital bed. I see a few missed calls from my best friend, and choose to reply to assure her that I'm doing much better compared to yesterday. I honestly don't even know what yesterday was. It was like a mix of death and bad luck, something I can't fully process myself. I look down at my belly and slowly touch it.

I will no longer feel kicks.

Or hunger.

Or content.