𝓛𝓸𝓬𝓴𝓼

✧・゚│Picture is by me

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The cab drives past the metal gate and stops right in front of the mansion's doorsteps. Félix and I step out, then get our heavy suitcases from the trunk, making our way towards the main door. He rings the doorbell with his free hand and slightly smiles at me. I almost tell him something, but then the door opens and reveals a slender woman in heels wearing a black designer outfit made out of the same material as Félix's waistcoat.

She grins ear to ear and tightly hugs him in a greeting manner, "Finally! You actually visit me this time instead of making excuses. You hate coming here, don't you?"

He shakes his head, smiling, "No, it's not that, Mother. I have been extremely busy with our family business in France, and you do know I take things very seriously."

"Oh I know that! A young man like you was born to be hardworking and dedicated! I'm so proud. Okay, enough of the chatter, come inside." She gestures with her hand, but then pauses when she notices me and looks straight at my baby bump. "Félix, dear, who is she? If you don't mind me asking."

I look down shyly as Félix guides me inside with our luggage, and begins to speak, "Mom, she's my girlfriend. Meet Marinette." He smiles with confidence, like always.

Amelie's eyes widen and she turns to me contently, "Oh my. You're such a darling! No wonder why my son chose you. Just to let you know, he NEVER dated in the past because apparently no girl is worthy of him."

He protests, "I never said that! It's just that I've been looking for the right one, okay?"

"Your son really is picky, though." I giggle and smile at both of them, realizing how much of a sweet, cherishable bond they had.

"Mhmmm, seems like you've noticed. But seriously, I'm glad he has found such a sweetheart like you! I was waiting for this to happen for a longgg time." Amelie kisses my hair and then kisses Félix's forehead in adoration.

He looks at his mother and snorts, smiling, "Are you pleased now?"

She claps her hands, "Yes! I'm the happiest I can ever be! Okay, now both of you go get settled and hand your bags over to Alexandre."

A man in his thirties walks over from the back and holds out his gloved hands for our suitcases. We both hand it over and then the butler carries them upstairs to the second floor. In awe, I stare at the walls and up towards the high ceiling which made me realize that Amelie is much more of an elegant woman who maintains the colour white within everything. That is the main reason why her mansion is much more airy and illuminating in a sense than Félix's.

I wander a little and stop when I see a medium-sized picture of his family hanging on the wall. My eyes land firstly on Félix, whom had absolute no pain but instead had actual happiness glowing on his face, primarily in his jade-green eyes. He seemed like more of a lively person before his father passed away. Then, I examine his dad, who surprisingly looked a lot like Félix and very bright too, but not as much as Amelie contained, of course. I almost zone out while staring at the picture but then hear something that catches my attention.

I hear Amelie ask with confusion in her tone, "Félix, did you do that to her? Did you get her pregnant? And you didn't even think to tell me!"

His deep voice echoes through the hall, "I actually didn't, Mom. Clearly, I'm still a damn virgin so don't assume I did that to her."

"Okay then, who did? Tell me."

He lowers his voice a little but I hear him anyways. "Adrien. That asshole-"