𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓬𝓪𝓹

✧・゚│Picture is by me

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

...Around 1 a.m., I wake up.

I don't even know when I fell asleep. Ugh, now my head hurts.

Looking to my side, Tikki is there sleeping with tiny snores on the pillow next to mine.

So I get up and quietly tiptoe to the door and walk out to get some pain relievers. As I turn the knob to close it, I hear someone softly sobbing, and my ears try to locate the sound. My feet slowly take steps forward and walk into the kitchen where one of the lights were on. He was sitting at the dining table with his back facing towards me, holding the phone to his ear and talking too low to the point that I can't hear much. I yawn and glance at the counter. Two pieces of my quiche had been eaten... That's interesting... It couldn't possibly be him after he insulted my effort of cooking. Picking up a piece, I eat one myself since I hadn't had dinner at all. He senses my chewing as if instinctively,  and I hear him say on the phone, "Mother, I must go now- *blech* No... but I'm trying to stop.. Fuck, I can't.. And take care of yourself too. Goodbye...."

Tipping a tequila bottle to his mouth, he asks of me, "Why are youuu here now?" without turning around to look at me.

"I was just looking for meds for my headache. D-Do you have any?" I stutter, nervous at the possibility of him yelling at me again.

"...In the top small cabinet." He groans and holds his forehead, bearing unknown stress.

I open it using the handle, and try three times, but I can't reach it even on my tippy toes. So instead of asking him for help, I just drink water in the awkward silence surfacing around us.

Then, I hear his throat choking with tears in the absence of noise. I stand closer to get a better look at him, questioning with reluctance, "Why are you drinking? I-I didn't know you did.."

To act seamlessly resilient, he wipes the corners of his eyes rather quickly, "..Do not concern yourself with my matters."

I pressure him, crossing my arms over my chest, "No, tell me. I can't live with a crazy alcoholic."

He gives me a death stare that slices through me like a sharpened knife. I gulp, fiddling with my fingers, "S-Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I just need to know..."

He sips more of the drink in his grasp, before beginning his sentence in response to my stubbornness, "...It's been seven whole years ever since my father passed away."

"..Oh God, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know what it feels like... I lost someone special too..." I silence out, and he looks at me to continue.

"Whom?"

I hold back tears, my teeth sinking into my lower lip, "...M-My husband."

A sip again. "I cannot imagine how you must be handling it. And I'm- sorry for disrespecting you like that.. But despite my doubts, I tried your quiche and it tastes good in actuality... I know you're hurt, so refrain from making anything again, because all I've done is shunned people for being.. courteous."

I put down my glass and snatch the bottle out of his hand, "If you stop drinking, I'll forgive you."

He tries to grab it back, but gives up and groans again, rubbing his face, "Ugh, I don't know..."

"What did you say?"

"I said, I don't fucking know! Stop attempting to govern my life!" He shouts, and I jump, frightened beneath the layers of my flesh.

I walk over to him, but keep a distance of about half a metre from his seat. Seeing him like this actually made me feel unsafe and sympathetic all at once. In the deepest possible sense, we both had had a loss of someone we purely loved.

"I'm not trying to control y-you. It's because... I truly care, and I know for a fact that alcohol won't help you."

He scoffs, "How must you be so certain? You haven't acquainted with me before, alright.."

Slowly, I try again, "..Because I've seen people and how they end up down this path. Harming your health isn't the solution for the pain you feel inside."

"It HELPS me alleviate that agony. You don't understand!" He grunts.

"Okay, then I should start drinking too. Am I right?" I tilt it back and almost sip some until he knocks it out of my hands with little to no delay, and it goes crashing to the floor, unrecognizable of its previous state.

"Stoppp, you mustn't. What the fuck is wrong with you...?"

"If I can't, then you can't either."

"See! You're trying to control me again!"

I shake my head, "I'm not. Félix, calm down. I just really care.."

He pauses and looks at me with droopy eyes, "...Actually? Even after what I said to you?"

"Yes, because that's how I was brought up to be. Try sharing your thoughts and feelings with someone next time you feel sad." I smile just a little.

He mumbles with remaining anger, "Sad? Nope, you thought.."

I roll my eyes, "Whatever you say."

"C...Can I hug you?" He slurs out, lazily watching me with his eyes

"Um, sure... If it helps." He stands up and bends towards me, roughly wrapping his arms around my shoulders instead of my waist; not that I wanted him to or something. I am extremely short compared to him, since my chin barely even reaches his chest.

Compassionately, I tap his back, and he releases me, "Pardon me. I know you're uncomfortable. It's been a reeeaaaalllyyyyyy long time. Even though I detest hugging. Like I don't know what the fuck did I just do right now. Bruh, my head's talking too much. Am I a bitch, or are you one? Whattttttt is the time??"

I laugh, holding in little giggles that rippled through me, and I tell him, "It's super late and you're drunk as hell. Go sleeeppp."

Unexpectedly, he laughs along with me, then pauses, "Stop laughinggggg. I need moreeee, why did you throw it away?!"

"C'mon now. You crashed it to the floor yourself." I point towards the countless pieces scattered in the area.

"Whyyyyy did I?" He scratches his eyebrow, clearly unable to remember.

"Because you won't let me drink it too."

"YOU can't, but I CAN."

"Give me a good reason then."

"Yoouuu're pregnant, aaand- I'm notttt." He whines a bit.

I snort, trying my best to hold back the laughter. He must be really REALLY drunk.

"You're gonna pass out any minute. You drank way too much..."

He grins, throwing his head back to chuckle, "Huhhhh, yeahhh. I already had likeeeee four bottles."

"That's not okay. You're causing internal damage to yourself."

"I'm fucking addictedddd."

"Then, get addicted to something that will actually help you in a healthy way. You're grown enough to know that. Please, learn the difference.."

Shoving him towards his room, I clean up the mess on the floor even though weird cramps start to claw their way into my legs and feet.

A/N: This chapter "Nightcap" means a drink before bed.