𝓡𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮

˖₊ Chloe's POV
─────

I have shopping bags in my left hand while Luka, my husband, follows behind me with another set of bags also. As we exit the mall, I dial the number that I remember with excellent memory ever since I was a little girl.

Once I hold it to my ear, several thoughts run through my mind, knowing if he picks up, then this entire situation will be ridiculously screwed.

His voice, my childhood best friend's voice, responds with a quiet, but an audible "Hello?"

My heels stop clacking because my legs no longer move forward as I freeze there in shock, slowly turning around to face Luka. "ADRIKINS?!" I screech, feeling my eyes popping out of their sockets.

Luka's mouth drops open a little at my reaction and he knew it was no joke. Quickly, he grabs my phone out of my grasp and presses a button to switch it to speaker, so he's enabled to listen to the conversation as well. He mouths with a stern look in his blue eyes, 'Don't let him hang up'.

I ball my hands into fists and nod, speaking towards the phone, "I don't know what kind of sick joke this is, but HOW THE HELL ARE YOU ALIVE?!" I yell, "I NEED AN ANSWER!"

Adrien breathes loudly and then speaks with guilt laced in his tone, "I... faked my death... That's the answer. I know you're mad..."

"MAD?! I am furious! You are utterly ridiculous! If I hadn't remembered your number and dialled it, then I wouldn't have known that your dumbass still relied on the same number. Which leads me to believe that what Marinette said was completely true!" I grit my teeth and ignore the tears of anger forming in my eyes, looking at my man's face that is turning distorted, ready to release his rage any second.

"Wait, you met her? Do you know where she lives right now? I need to go see her and apologize-"

I cut him off in disgust, "Your stupid apology won't do you any good! Now I realize that she'll always be better off without someone like you who cheats and leaves her PREGNANT! Who do you even think you are?! Just because you're a model, doesn't mean she'll forgive you and let you dive into her life again like some dolphin! You're capable of enticing females, but not of their forgiveness!"

"B-But I still need to try!" He stammers noticeably, "Sh-She still loves me. I know she does-!"

"SHE DOESN'T LOVE YOU! She has already moved on!" I yell with every last cell left in my body.

"Moved on?! With who???" He questions and I feel like slapping him so hard.

"With your cousin! Who I recklessly blamed for the cause of your death, when in reality, YOU FAKED IT ALL!"

"You mean... Félix?!"

"That's right! She's living with him and I could see the love she had for him in her eyes! There is no chance that you'll 'win' her back! She belongs with someone else because you fucked up!" I breathe heavily, panting from the amount of yelling I wasn't used to anymore.

"Wh-What?! This can't be true! Félix is dangerous and can harm her-!"

Luka interrupts him this time, holding the phone closer to his mouth, "As long as she's away from you, sick fuck, she'll be happier and safer! So don't even THINK of trying to get into contact with her!" He warns menacingly, then hangs up the call with Adrien, gripping my cellphone in his hand.

I Inhale and exhale, pressing the palm of my hand to my chest because of all the air that had left my lungs during this unexpected conversation. Standing there frozen, I stare at Luka with my eyes widened, "...I can't believe this. I must be dreaming..."