𝓢𝓵𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻

I blush to an extreme level, holding my breath for a while then letting it go through my mouth, "Y-Yes, sir. May I have the fabric?"

He nods and walks over to the huge shelf adjacent to the one behind me. Then he grabs the rolls of designer velvet, varying in five colours: red, maroon, black, dark-blue, and jade-green which was the colour identical to his eyes. I smile as he walks to me and places the rolls in front of me on the table within my large workspace. "Thank you." I say with passion running through my veins like never before, and I stand up to let some natural light in through the windows by pulling back the curtains.

"You must have the base design done by today, and even possibly start on handling the fabric." He tells me, glancing at his watch and looking like he's ready to leave.

"Okay. I won't disappoint you." I smile widely and with ultimate confidence.

He looks at me and subtly nods, "Good. Now I'll be working in my office after I prepare the 10 maids I've hired that are coming in today."

"M-Maids?! Ohhh..." I nod slowly and realize I wouldn't be able to clean this humungous mansion on my own, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't even let me try.

"Yes. Call me if you need me." He says then turns on his feet and leaves the room, walking out of the door and closing it behind him firmly.

Smiling more, I put on some music on my personal bluetooth speaker, then get straight to work, making my chair roll forward so I can be closer to the table. I set my sketchbook down and grab my sketching pencils, making the space more organized and clean.

Once my mind captures a couple of ideas for the blouses that he has requested of me, I begin to sketch a rough copy of the designs on three separate pages. I pause every now and then to think of what could make each blouse unique from the other, while pressing the back of the pencil to my lips in the process.

I work on the developing sketches for four hours, and manage to feel satisfied enough to start cutting out the fabric. Instantly, I stand up and reach across the table to pull the five rolls towards me. I mentally knew beforehand that black is awfully common in the fashion industry, since it's a colour that can match with anything whatsoever. Quickly, I remove the black roll out of my sight, then choose to keep the red, dark-blue, and jade-green rolls in my workspace. I begin to unwrap the red velvet first and draw out some necessary lines on the back side using a black fine-tip marker. After doing that method slowly, I grab a pair of scissors and cut along those lines, being distinct when it comes to sharp turns or curves.

Two hours later, I have completed the minimal stitching required to keep the blouse together, along with doing the same with the other two blouses of different colour. I sigh and hear my stomach growl in hunger. Looking at the time on my phone, I see it's already 9:19 p.m. which is a bit late for dinner and I still haven't eaten.

As if hearing my mind, Félix texts me with: [Seems like you're working so hard that you forgot to eat dinner with me. I called your number several times.]

I frown and realize that he's right, so I reply in guilt: [I'm so sorry. I was just really inspired that I didn't keep track of time...]

[It's alright. I'll tell one of the maids to bring you food there, so make sure you eat.]

[Thank you, Félix.] I smile at my phone screen, then put it down on the table, scratching the side of my neck with my fingers.

Quicker than I thought, I hear a loud knock on the door of my office and I say, "Come in!" The knob turns and the door opens to reveal an elderly Moroccan-French lady in her sixties, holding a tray of food with a polite smile on her face.