𝓑𝓸𝓶𝓫𝓼𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓵

✧・゚│Picture is by me

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

....Two red lines.

I gasp in absolute disbelief and cup my hand over my open mouth, breaking down with the cardiac muscle in my chest finally imploding as if giving in to all of the discomposure and realism I had stood barriers up for. I slowly begin to sink to the ground while holding the tests in my hand until my knees are touching the cold marble floor. I sob loudly, trembling from the shock I feel, hands clasped together upon my collarbone.

I'm pregnant...

I'm pregnant with Félix's child...

My eyes tighten and I squeeze all of the tears out, looking up at the lights on the ceiling of the bathroom to feel an energy connect directly to God whom has given me a miracle for not letting my 12 percent chance of fertility get in the pathway of conceiving; something that I've been silently praying and manifesting for.

I grip the sink's counter and slowly stand up with a smile on my face, teardrops sticking to my cheeks to represent the inner joy I am experiencing unexpectedly. There is no doubt that these tests have been read wrong. I am indeed pregnant, which explains the sudden morning sickness that occurred earlier today, not too many hours ago.

I look down and my hands naturally wrap over my abdomen as if to feel and protect a precious entity that isn't yet visible, but my hormones have already started their process to prepare my body to bring the child forth into the world. I can't believe it. I just can't seem to think with all of these thoughts sprinting around in my head. Patience is what I kept within myself just to have this day come and shine light through my broken soul. I know I've been healing and I will continue to heal, especially with Félix by my side-

Wait...

Félix...

He... He doesn't want to have kids. Not with me. Not with anyone else.

He made it clear that that was his decision, and didn't provide an explanation because I refused to ask for what his reason might be.

I grit my teeth and press my lips tightly together, not wanting to even think of the terrible damage that this 'good news' might bring to our healthy, substantial relationship. I don't know how he'll take it, and if he'll even accept to embrace this new change for the sake of our love.

I should've done what was smart and asked him during that date night when he brought up his preference out of nowhere, so I wouldn't be here thinking whether this was a mistake or not; whether he'll stay with me or abandon me in the exact same way his cousin did...

My body tenses up and I start to now feel actual distress gnawing my insides, threatening my mental ability to let my defences down merely because of the possibility of losing the man I love with everything I have. And due to what we share, our love is what keeps us strong and chained to each other with all the strings of our hearts, so I know I have to be strong for what I want. I have to be strong and fight for our unborn child, regardless of the obstacles that may disrupt the serenity each and every day.

"...I need to breathe." I tell myself calmly and take several deep breaths for a long moment before I splash my face with cold water while bending over the sink a little. I clean up again and place the box that contains the remaining extras into the cabinet beside my pads and tampons.

Quickly, I grab one of the three pregnancy tests that has a pink cap, then exit the bathroom and make my way into my walk-in closet after making sure Tikki is trapped in my earrings for this personal discussion I'll be having with Félix sooner or later. I know I should tell him as soon as possible and get it over with because keeping it a secret will only make problems arise and create a complete disaster out of our trust. Neither of us tolerate any lies, so I definitely won't make the mistake of hiding something this serious from him.