𝓜𝔂 𝓦𝓮𝓪𝓴𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼

It has only been a few hours and I feel sick to the stomach, knowing that Félix was no longer in the same country as me. Why on earth do I feel this sensitive? Constantly, I try to distract myself but my mind always comes back to him somehow. Why can't I have him close to me, just once? I want to tangle myself into him and fall asleep in the dark. My heart clenches at the thought and I feel sadness wash over me. I feel at unease all of a sudden. Why does it feel like something dreadful might happen without him here? Quietly, with tears in my eyes, I stare at my phone screen and debate on whether I should text him or not.

˖₊ Félix's POV
─────

Checking the watch on my left wrist, I groan in irritation because I've been waiting at the airport for a further period of time since the flight was delayed to a high extent. I glance around quickly and catch the reading on the screen, showing that the flight had arrived and that it will start boarding passengers in the next five minutes.

I stand up and carry my single piece of luggage along with my leather briefcase. Then, I walk towards the larger part of the airport and enter Terminal 2F which held my booked flight at a further distance. Casually, I scan my ticket under the small machine and walk past the huge gate, in order to enter the first class section of the airplane.

I place my bag and briefcase in the booth surrounding my seat and then sit down, finally satisfied with the overall experience in this airline, just like before. In some kind of anxiety, I check my watch again and it now reads 11:05 p.m. I deeply begin to regret leaving Marinette as I did, since it was so urgent and I couldn't have delayed this situation any longer.

The air hostess walks up to my booth and asks, "Sir, would you like anything to eat at the moment? Here's the menu-"

I glare at her, unconsciously and snap for no reason, "No, thanks. I don't need food poisoning."

The lady rolls her eyes, then retracts her hand with the menu card and leaves to provide service to the passenger distantly behind me. Why can't I control my temper? Is it because Marinette isn't with me right now? I can't deny it but I'm missing her and I could just run back to her in an instant any second. I want to leave everything and run back on my feet, no matter what the cost is.

I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose, staying like that for a good 10 minutes as the airplane starts to take off. I blow out a sigh and try to relieve the tautness in my throat, but it isn't working. My mind won't let go of her, because this is clearly the first time I've loved a woman like that. She showed me how to love unconditionally and that's what made me weak. She makes me weak. I don't even know how to contain myself and my emotions anymore ever since I declared my love for her. Is it normal to feel this tightness in my chest? Is it normal that my heart beats faster than a cheetah whenever I see or think of her? Like as of right now, my chest feels too heavy to breathe within because of the endless cycle of my thoughts. Why can't I stop this severe tension building up in my nerves? I just want to hold her close, so she can be protected from every way of harm. I want her close. I need her close. My body is somehow aching to feel her up against me and to merge my warmth with hers.

After a whole hour passes by, I take my phone out of my breast pocket and think twice before clicking the button. What if she's sleeping and I accidentally wake her up? I think to myself, not completely sure if this is the right time to call her.

Pondering over it for a few minutes, I finally decide to click the button and the call goes through in seconds. At the first ring, she receives it and speaks, slightly trembling, "H-Hey. Félix, wait..."

"Hey. What's wrong? It sounds like you're shaking." My forehead creases in immediate concern and worry.

She sniffles, "Sorry, I was just trying to lie down right now. And nothing's wrong. I-I just-" Then, my ears fill with her soft sobs that instantly tear my heart into pieces.

I inhale, feeling her longing even from this distance, "Please please please don't cry. Talk to me. What happened? And turn on your camera, so I can see you."

She obeys and then her face shows up in my screen, so I turn on the FaceTime option as well, allowing her to see me too. I look at her as she rubs her eyes in the half-darkness and sniffles through the microphone.

I begin to speak, "Wait, did I wake you up? I'm so sorry if I did-"

She cuts me off and her voice cracks, "No no, you didn't. I was just changing into my pyjamas."

I bring my mouth closer to the speaker, "Okay, but what's going on? Why did you break down right now?"

"N-Nothing. I'm really sorry, my breakdowns are embarrassing.." She frowns and looks away, slightly flushing.

"Don't apologize, baby. I just want to know what caused you to cry like that. I can't tolerate seeing you in tears. You're worrying me." I sigh, trying to read her face.

She looks into the camera with thick glossy eyes and says, "I-I miss you. I'm scared. I feel like something is going to happen to me. Please, come back."

My heart begins to beat in anxiety, which I've never experienced before. "I miss you more, but don't ever say that. Nothing will happen to you, I promise. You don't know how much I want to come back.. but I can't. I have no choice. Please don't worry because six of my guards will arrive there early this morning, and plus the mansion already has a strong security system installed, so nothing can harm you, I swear."

"Okay, I guess you're right. But please, come back as soon as you can. I feel so alone." She wipes her nose, sniffling.

"I promise I'll come back in seven days like I said. Now wipe your eyes, and smile." I demand of her.

She pouts and almost cries again, but I stop her, "Hey hey, no more crying, okay? It isn't good for our child. Now come on, smile. Please? For me?" I beg, trying to erase her unexpected sadness.

Finally, she manages to turn her frown into a smile which is as beautiful as ever, making my soul light up like never before.

I smile back at her in affection, "See, now that's much better. Do you trust me?"

"I trust you blindly." She closes her eyes and I see her lightly blush.

"Thank you for trusting me. So please, always remember that I love you and that you're not alone. I'm going to be by your side till the end." I say to comfort her as best as possible.

She nods and yawns blissfully, "I love you so much and I'll ride by your side till the end as well."

I yawn a few seconds after and tell her, "You need to sleep now, so make sure you don't stay up worrying or else I'll be worried too. Text me if you need anything and I'll notify the guards. Goodnight, babe."

She mumbles, half-asleep already, "Okay, I will. Thank you. Goodnight, Félix." Then I end the call after she finishes speaking, which leaves me smiling ear to ear. I still can't quite believe that she's mine. She's mine and no one can change that.