𝓑𝓮𝔀𝓪𝓲𝓵

˖₊ Adrien's POV
─────

I saw her.

That day in front of the café.

Where she stood not too many metres from my unexpected presence.

The amount of excessive hate she contained in her eyes when she turned and looked at me when I had spoken her name for I felt the necessity to do so.

The moment her name escaped my lips, I couldn't bear the thought of how she would react.

It was as if the heart that I had built in her was stronger and much more fiercer than I thought.

Yes, to my purblind eye, she was pregnant.

Pregnant with our child that I left for her to carry the responsibility of alone.

How could I have been so stupid, you might ask?

It was done out of confusion.

Confused feelings.

Maybe even love.

Admiration for a woman who was just as independent and strong as my wife.

That fake act; my faked death was something I took part in with all the will and audacity I had in my body a year ago.

But I know what I did is unforgivable...

Shame on me.

Yet a part of me, deep down in my heart, I feel the urge to retrieve my lady.

The spotted lady of my dreams.

My bugaboo.

The one who I fought by and stood by until the very end.

But our end was nothing but a false representation of what I call love.

I thought I loved her.

Nevertheless, I also loved my fencing partner.

Who easily gripped me, trapped me into her recurring feelings and her unconcealed obsession.

As the months have gone by, while living with my Japanese girlfriend, I have slowly dreaded this entire set-up to the very least of my expectations.

I no longer see what I first saw when we hooked up in that hotel room during an important fashion trip to Poland.

It was because lust took over my mind since Marinette was always designing clothes for my father's company: The Agreste Fashion Line.

I know it's stupid.

I know it's pathetic and very disloyal of me.

That's why I don't know if she'll ever be able to forgive me.

I need forgiveness.

I need another chance.

She's still my wife technically, am I right?

She'll have no other choice but to let me back into her life again, I think in my head as an unlikely smirk forms along my mouth. This is why I've kept Plagg captive within my miraculous.

After all, I am her beloved kitty; her prince.

How can she walk on this earth with my child in her body?

How can she even afford to live by herself?

Doesn't she need me?

She does need me.

So I'll be her hero and save her from the danger of this world, no matter the damage I have caused.

I will win her back somehow.

I'll intervene into our child's life, so it remembers that I am its father.

For the truth of things, I know she still loves me.

She loves me enough to keep my last name attached to her legally.

Marinette Agreste will always be the only one who I truly love.

I know I don't deserve her, but I am the only one she trusts.

And for her, I will run away.

Like a runaway bride from this wedding that is happening between me and Kagami in several months or so-

That's when my phone, that had a picture of Marinette on the screen which I was staring at without shame, began to ring in my hand. I glance sideways at Kagami who was making the invitation list, then I look back to my phone screen still ringing, showing an unknown number.

I usually don't pick up unknown calls, but a part of me was thinking that it could be Marinette who needed me and my help.

Without any more thinking, I press the receive button and hold it to my ear, "Hello?" I say in some sort of hope.

"ADRIKINS?!" shrills into my hearing.

"...Chloe???" I flinch in surprise.