𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷 𝓜𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼

Now I've woken completely. You know why? I'm going to have to give up this apartment, and I never knew bad luck could hit me this hard. It came to me this Thursday morning, that almost every fashion designer I had shared my artwork with, had rejected this year's sketches. Which means I've lost the one profession I held the most dearest to myself since I was a teenager. Wasn't 2020 supposed to be a year overflowing with accomplishments and fortunes? I question it for every hour I have left remaining to cherish the memories. I tear up once again, thinking about how Adrien and I had chosen this highly expensive place where our love would only grow within its roots deeper. The sweet whispers and the endless "I Love You's" will forever be absorbed in these walls. No matter what I do, I will always hear his voice echoing throughout these rooms, as if he were still here... I'm sorry, Adrien, I wish I never had to leave this place, but... I'm losing everything chunk by chunk. Because you were my absolute biggest loss.

I wipe my face with a towel, and receive the incoming FaceTime call from my parents. Self note: act happy and don't let them know that you are broke as hell now.

We talk for a whole hour about junior Adrien and how much they wish they could be here, but for business reasons it is necessary for them to stay in the States. My mom starts crying, and obviously my throat is tired of gulping back all these tears.

"Stay strong, honey. Your dad and I are hoping everyday to come see you soon." 

"Please, stay strong for Adrien and make him proud, sweetheart." They both say to me.

"I always will, Maman, Papa. I miss you guys so much and I promise I'll call more often. Muah." I blow a kiss at them across the screen before ending the call.

Tikki hugs me, and I exhale in a different kind of tension.

"Let's go, Tikki, we have to pack up everything by seven and try to find some place to live."

The entire time we are filling up suitcases, there is nothing but silence and my eyes bleeding with tears every five minutes.

"Marinette, please, don't be sad. You know it's not good for your child. Every little thing will affect him." My kwami sticks to my stomach, staring up at me.

I sniffle and place all three suitcases outside in the hall, "I'm trying my best. I don't even know where we are gonna go from here.."

Looking sadly down the hallway, I lock the knob and feel the door with my fingertips for the last time. This is it. The very last goodbye.

Tikki hands me my phone, "Hey, try calling one of your friends. Maybe they can help out."

I nod and quickly dial the number I hadn't dialed for a long time.

As soon as he picks up, I feel the discomforting guilt rise once again.

"..Hello? Whose number is this?"

I stutter, "Uh, um, it's me, Ma-Ma-Marinette."

I hear his voice crack up, "Oh my, you really are still the same. What's up? How did you remember me all of a sudden."

"Luka... so much has happened. I'm sorry I didn't stay in touch. Everything has changed ever since we graduated.."

"Yeah, I can see that. So tell me, how's Adrien? Are you guys happy?" He asks in the usual tone.

I gulp and sit down on the floor, "...A-Adrien is g-gone."

"Wait... what? What do you mean 'gone'? Don't tell me he broke your heart like he did when he was blind as hell and couldn't see your feelings back in high school, and instead started liking Kagami."