𝓓𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂

Blinded by the pain once more, I search for his hand and clasp it tightly, breaking into tears, "Ahh- ah- Félix- Call-" But before I can manage to utter more words, he was already on his feet, squeezed my hand once, then left with a demeanour overflowing of panic.

"My wife-! My wife can't breathe! Fuck! I demand for a doctor!" His shouting echoed within the hallway like metal clanging along the floor from a fierce drop.

Everything after that became a blur for me, a reality so vague and distant, entrapping my being deep into my core that I curled over, holding the sides of my pregnant belly, "Ohhhh!!!!" Upon my resistance, masculine, warm hands gently pushed and laid my head back against the pillows. "Sweetheart, don't fret. This isn't the end of you and I. It's only the beginning of having our very own beautiful family that we always wanted." With my mouth open, I turn my head to the side to face the only light that was keeping me conscious — meaning him, not the actual light — and feel perspiration trickle down my neck and chest.

"The first baby is crowning," said a female voice, whom I believe was definitely my obstetrician, and I perked my pelvis up the moment I felt my legs being bent so my knees were the only prominent part of me in my sight beyond the huge growth. Well, barely.

"R-R-Really??" I feel cool air meet my exposed area, and I choke a little on the tears with closed eyes, no longer having the ability to speak. Right when the woman began mentally preparing me for it all, I feel his fingers slide underneath my hand where it rested on my bump, and he carefully interlaces them with mine. I held onto him for dear life, and tried to lie straight on my back, but it was just so difficult, so agonizing.

"We will count down from 10, so take a deep breath with each decreasing number. Once we hit one, you will push with all your might.. And Mr. Graham.." Her voice faded from my hearing, and I looked around at all the nurses in the room, inhaling and exhaling as calmly as I could. My husband raised his other hand and grasped my thigh, pulling it outward a little, watching my face as the countdown began. "I'm right here, my love. Right by your side." He held a hopeful yet anxious expression, and I weakly smiled for a split second, then started focusing on my breathing. My heart was pounding in my ears without any time to relax, and with each passing second, the nauseating feeling as I neared the moment to push drained out all the sounds and voices around me.

"Aghhhhhh!!!!" I shrieked, and gritted my teeth before gasping for air, feeling the triplets' weight move downward.

Someone pats the spot near my bottom on the sheets, "We're off to a great start, dear. Keep it up... Ten.. nine.. eight.. seven..." My OB continued in the same rhythm with the next few pushes.

And I begin shaking my head side-to-side as I squeeze his hand to the point I was sure I'd break it. "No, I c-can't do this! What if my babies don't come out on time?! I'm suffocating them-!"

Warm lips stopped mine with a kiss, his shadow casting over me, "They're almost here, honey. I promise you, you're bringing them into the world, not suffocating them. You're only human, so you cannot force them out faster than your body allows."

Sniffling, I give him a quick nod, but while preparing for the fourth push, a deafening cry overtook the rum whispers of the nurses that were busy handling their duties for each newborn's arrival. My eyes, slowly widening, flick to Félix's in an attempt to keep myself from sobbing, but I fail, looking straight ahead as my first baby was raised into my view.

I hear him briefly choke and clear his throat, leaning in further towards me and pressing his lips to my whitened knuckles, words leaving his mouth in a quiver, "It's.. It's happening." He said before lifting his head just in time to see the second one arrive.

"Your baby boy and baby girl have popped out, momma!" One nurse exclaimed while moving the two babies covered in blood and vernix into their designated hospital bassinets after mildly wiping them.