𝓢𝓵𝓸𝔀 𝓟𝓸𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓷

The next day, I wake up super late because we had reached the mansion at around 11 p.m. last night caused by the sudden traumatic event that had taken place, including the unwanted traffic along the way. I seriously just want to forget everything that happened, but it still continues to bother me and haunt me in an unhealthy sense. Also, I can't stop thinking about Félix and how he unexpectedly stood up for me just to protect me. He even claimed to be.. my man. I blush just from the flashback replaying in my mind over and over again that left me shook. To be honest, I can't really confirm what he meant by that or if he really meant it at all. Still, my heart is acting as if he did mean it and now it's beating a million times per second with great amounts of blood racing through my veins and arteries. I can feel my skin humming in some sort of happiness that I wish I could have forever...

By the time I go downstairs, it is late noon, meaning there was no time to have breakfast at this point, so instead I choose to make lunch. I prepare a fruit salad with a drizzle of honey and a double-cheese grilled sandwich using all the necessary ingredients.

When I start eating, Félix enters the kitchen dressed in all-black casual clothing with his hair properly styled. I stare at him in confusion, because all occupations, including businesses, are now closed due to the pandemic.

As if he heard my mind speaking, he turns around and states, "I'm sorry, I won't be able to eat lunch with you right now because I have to deliver some important files to one of my workers in person. I'll be back by late evening."

I nod and continue to chew, "Okay, don't worry about it. I always do lunch and dinner by myself anyways."

He looks at me, and I look at him which creates such an awkward silence, so I speak again, looking away, "Um, also, thank you for standing up for me yesterday... I don't know how to thank you."

He shakes his head, "Nah, no need to thank me. I just had to put that asshole back in his place."

I almost blush as I drink my water, but then he continues, "And you're probably wondering about what I said. I only said I was your man because there was no other way to scare him off. Otherwise, he wouldn't stop sexually harassing you, so that is why I had to make it seem like that. I apologize if it made you uncomfortable."

My heart drops just a little, but I keep my face straight, "Oh yes... I know that. Thanks for helping me anyway." I say with no idea on how to react, even though I know deep down he would never want to claim someone like me. I am nothing but an embarrassing, clumsy, pregnant woman. Who would ever want to be with me? A helpless widow who has no reason to live any longer because of someone else's mistakes.

I keep my eyes glued to my plate as he leaves the kitchen and instantly starts his Bugatti from just a loud click of a button on his phone. I glance out of the window as I wash the dishes in the sink and watch him drive out, past the gate. Looking down at Tikki who is in my shirt pocket, I tear up unwillingly and feel the depressing feeling come back slightly.

"Marinette, pleaseee. How many times do I have to tell you to breathe? Please breathe, and have hope in your life." She tells me with glossy eyes as well.

I sigh, "How can I breathe when there is no oxygen left?"

She cuddles closer to my neck and pats me sympathetically with her little hand. Once done doing the dishes, I drink a big glass of water to cool myself down, then clean the counters free from food residue using a wet cloth. Two meters away on the kitchen island, my phone starts to ring, so I quickly wipe my hands on the towel and go over to it.

Realizing the caller ID, I pick it up instantly. "Heyyy, Al. I was literally about to call you soon today."

Alya replies in excitement, "It's so good to hear from you again. How have you been holding up? Are you doing any better?"