𝓔𝓶𝓹𝓽𝔂 𝓑𝓸𝓽𝓽𝓵𝓮𝓼

When my eyes finally manage to look up, the moisture in my mouth completely disappears from the shock, leaving it as dry as a desert. Once my vision properly focuses, I see Adrien standing feets away with Kagami at his side, who has her arms wrapped around his left.

Alya looks in my direction and puts a hand to her mouth as she realizes what it is as well. I start trembling and blink my eyes to make sure it isn't an illusion, but my heart can already sense the reality of this moment. My best friend presses my shoulder in tension and says out loud, "Wait whattttt?! He's- alive???? No no no way this is happening-"

Kagami interrupts and states with a huge smile on her face, "Yeah, because it was all just a pretend act. That night of the accident, that dead body was actually just a clone and I hired a whole team of people to make it look like it was real."

I gulp, feeling the life drain out of me when I glance at Adrien for a few seconds, not being able to process anything. The truth sliced its way into my body like razor-sharp knives, but nothing would bleed out yet. I stand there, completely horrified at the fact that all of this was just pretend. Everything I saw that night was not real. The love he pretended to give me was fake!

Looking away, I break down five times worse than I did a few minutes ago, making my lower lip crack open. "H-How c-could you??" I stammer and almost fall out of balance, but regain myself before Alya catches me.

She cracks her knuckles and hisses, "Oh that's it! You both are DEAD, YOU HEAR ME?! DEAD!" She begins to stomp forward, but I stop her with all my strength left.

"Al, please, let's go. I don't want to fight, please." I hold my forehead, closing my eyes.

"But I do! I WILL BURY THEM ALIVE!" She tries to go off again, but I grab her fists and lower them. "Please, it isn't worth it... It's over."

Adrien speaks towards me, "I'm sorry, Marinette, but I-"

I snap at him, anger boiling in every nerve in my body, "Don't you even d-dare say my name with your poisonous mouth again!"

Kagami starts laughing and holds Adrien's cheek, "Oh sweetie, you were never worth his attention. Like, just look at you-"

I glare at her with tears pouring down my face and I grit my teeth, digging my nails in my palms.

Alya spits at them, "Such motherfuckers like you both will die from this virus going around. I hope it hits you harddd."

Not being able to take it anymore, I turn around and start to walk away, but suddenly a weird kind of pain jolts in my womb, so I bend down, holding my belly and slightly scream. My breathing becomes heavy, but Alya rushes over to me and rubs my back, "Omg, girl, what's happening? Are you okay??!!"

I focus on my breathing and calm down a little, then speak, "Y-Yes. I felt a weird pain that I haven't felt before, but it only lasted for a few seconds."

Her eyes widen in worry, "Oh no, that's not good. We should go to the hospital-"

"N-No, please, I'm fine..." I slowly stand upright and rub the heavy ache in my lower back, tears streaming down my face.

When I look at Alya again, I hear a much deeper voice surface from behind me from a distance. I turn around and catch Félix leaving the café while saying something to someone inside. As soon as he glances my way, he stops in surprise when he notices me.

His forehead creases while he pulls down his mask to speak, "Marinette? What are you doing here?"

I gulp and cry even more, not being able to talk because I felt dead inside completely. I can barely even move at this point so I just stand there, shaking.