𝓒𝓾𝓽𝓼

After taking a Sunday afternoon walk, I go back to the apartment, feeling tired and sore again. I hate staying in all day, it actually kind of suffocates me.

I decide to do my laundry in order to keep myself busy since I can't rest for long either. Secretly, I grab his dirty clothes in the hamper and do his as well, because he barely has time to do such chores. And I'm not doing this as a chore but as a task to show my appreciation. By the time the second load is done, I enter the living room and he is there watching TV. Seems like his work ended earlier than usual.

He glances at me for a second, "How many times have I told you to stop doing housework? I can do it myself too."

I inhale, "..Yeah, I know."

Feeling dehydrated because of my constant activities, I pour some water into a long glass from a pitcher and squeeze some lemon into it. As I sip it refreshingly, suddenly my arm twitches and the glass slips out of my fingers and hits the floor. It shatters instantly across the entire kitchen. His head turns around from the sound, and he stands up in caution.

"What the fuck did you just drop?" He inquires, and looks at me sternly.

I stammer, "I-It was an accident. I'll p-pick it up right now." I look around the kitchen in a panic to find a broom or something, but I don't see anything of that matter. I step backwards without looking down to grab the towel, so I could gather all of it in one place, but then three glass shards slice into the sole of my foot. I scream with the painful agony, "Ouchhhh, owww!!!" My eyes water up and my vision gets blurred.

He walks over to me in a hurry, "OH SHIT, look what you did."

I start crying from how sharp the glass felt.

He puts on his slippers and surprisingly picks me up, so my feet won't touch the floor, then sets me down on the couch in the living room.

I grab my leg and shriek in the piercing pain as he quickly runs to his room and returns with a first aid kit.

"...Hey, hey, it's going to be okay." He says softly and sits beside me, so I can calm down, which isn't possible at all in this situation.

Gripping my ankle, he raises my foot to his eye level and rapidly pulls the shards from my skin. I scream with heavier tears and hold the couch, so I don't fall.

"It's bleeding. This is why you should be careful and take care of yourself." He blows on the deep cuts as he wipes them with a wet cloth.

Then, he dabs some antiseptic hydrogen peroxide on the skin, which makes the spots burn to their fullest, making me squirm away, but he didn't let me.

"I know it hurts terribly, but it helps remove possible infections." He blows on them again, and after 30 seconds, I calm down in half relief.

I wipe my eyes with a tissue and breathe out, "Thank you. So much. I've always been this clumsy."

To seal it, he wraps a thick layer of gauze around my foot, and smiles, "Clumsy for sure. Next time, use a plastic cup, because that won't harm you."

"Stop making fun of me." I keep a straight face.

He sweeps up all the shards in the kitchen with a broom and cleans the small stains of blood on the tiles. I place my feet down on the floor and it buzzes every time I pull my toes towards my shin.

───*:・゚✧*:・゚

After a few days, the pain still remains, but at least I'm able to walk with socks on. But I still have to wait a couple more days in order to remove the gauze, so it can start healing properly. I shower with it on, walk with it on, and sleep with it on. It seriously makes the skin on the sole of my foot itch with irritation.

Once I fold my laundry and put it away in the closet in an organized stacked pile, I relax and watch some TV. It feels like it's been so long since I watched my favorite series: Project Runway. I get cozy in my blue robe and turn up the volume since I was alone anyways. Tikki watches it with me ever since I became ladybug and provides me all the company I ever asked for through my worst times.

So caught up in the screen, I don't notice Félix until he crouches down right in front of my legs. I snap to attention, and lower the volume, looking at him in surprise.

He pulls out a pair of light-pink slippers into my view, which he was hiding behind his back, and hands it to me. "These are for you."

I stare at him and then at the slippers, "Louis Vuitton?! Oh my God, this is super expensive. I can't take this.." I hand it back to him, but he shakes his head.

"Why do you always care about how much something costs? The price doesn't matter to me."

I finally make eye contact and speak, "I know it doesn't. But why are you getting me stuff even though you hate me?"

He flinches, "The fuck? I don't hate you, Marinette."

I look away, flushing, and he gently grabs each of my feet and slides the slippers on them. The nice, soft fur made it so comfortable that I pouted.

"Why did you get me these?" I ask.

"So your feet won't hurt or get swollen when you walk." He says and goes to his bedroom with his briefcase.

My heart felt all fuzzy and warm all of a sudden. He actually does care about me and this was so unexpected. Like, oh my God. I smile and look down at my feet to see my kwami smiling as well.

He isn't as rude as I thought he was. Or maybe I was actually starting to like him... Oh no way, what am I saying? Pshhh, that's not even possible. Adrien is the one I love even though he is forever gone...