𝓢𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓸𝔀

Marinette is told to stay in the hospital for two more days, so I stay in the room with her while Alya is forced to go back home by the doctors because they're only allowing one visitor.

I didn't shut my eyes the entire night yesterday, in case Marinette needed something. She was injected with Diazepam so she can get some rest instead of helplessly crying for hours. It has me worried that she still hasn't woken up and it is currently 9:30am. The sun is brighter than ever, beaming through the big windows and reflecting off the shiny floor.

Rubbing my eyes, I get up from the long couch at which I was told to stay at, and wash my face with cold water at the sink. I look over to her where she is sleeping, cuddled up in the hospital blankets only revealing her blue-haired head. Her body was no longer trembling; meaning her nerves were now calmed down. I sigh and walk out of the hospital room to check in with one of the nurses. I approach the desk in the maternity ward where a female in her 30's was going through a couple of calls. Patiently, I wait and listen to the early crying of a newborn, echoing through the halls. My heart clenches a little at the sound.

Finally, the nurse puts down the phone and looks at me, "Yes? How may I help you, sir?"

I ask, "Will Marinette be able to be discharged a day early? Is there any possibility it could be today?"

She sighs and talks slowly, "It highly depends on her condition and if she's able to walk without feeling any pain. I did check her vitals 4 hours ago, but they weren't as stable as they should be. Is she awake?"

I shake my head, "She's still asleep."

"Completely normal. How about you go pick up her prescription of medications that the doctor prescribed? I can scan and print it for you right now." She suggests, turning to her computer.

"That'd be great. Thanks." I say.

After a few minutes of waiting, the nurse hands me a sheet of paper with about two medications printed on it. "These are the ones that she requires."

"Alright." I nod and walk away into the other hallway, making my way downstairs using the elevator. Thankfully, the hospital has a pharmacy for convenience so I walk in and purchase Ibuprofen and Anti-Depressants.

I go back upstairs to the floor I came from and head towards Room #64 with the medication bag in my hand. When I walk in, I hear Marinette groaning weakly to the nurse who was trying to feed her a morning salad. She continues to refuse to eat it and closes her eyes in annoyance. I set the small bag on the counter and stand beside her hospital bed.

The female nurse sighs, "She hasn't eaten for over 24 hours which isn't good. She's starving herself."

I frown, looking at Marinette, "Not even a single bite?"

The nurse shakes her head and puts down the salad on the side table, then asks her, "Do you need to go to the washroom, sweetie?"

Marinette nods and leans forward to move, but her legs were shaking. Quickly, I rush to the other side and say, "I'll help. Turn your body slowly." She turns herself towards me slowly as I instructed and continues to look down. I hold her hands and slowly begin to pull her up, but she doesn't move. "I feel so heavy... Ugh.."

From behind, I hear the nurse say, "Because you were pregnant and now the tissues are weighing you down. We need to get you moving again."

Marinette finally looks up at me and frowns, "I can't..."

I refuse to believe her, "You're wrong. At least try to lift yourself up. I've got you." I grab her waist next so I can have a better hold on her. Nodding weakly, she gets up with all her effort and I manage to keep her balanced on her feet.