𝓤𝓻𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓓𝓮𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Holding the shopping bag, I fast-walk past many shops to catch up to Félix, "What's wrong? Why'd you leave me back there?"

His neck twitches very slightly as he glances at me, still not stopping, but I grab his arm as soon as I reach behind him. He gives me a cold, lifeless stare, "Let's go, Marinette."

Marinette? He's calling me by my name which isn't always a good thing. It could mean that he's angry? But why would he be?

I blink rapidly and speak slowly, "You're the one who said you'll take me shopping, and now you're acting highly out of your usual self."

"Well I've changed my fucking mind! It wasn't a good idea..." He says with a louder tone than I'm used to, making goosebumps surface along my arms.

I look down at the floor and frown, walking past him first, "Um, okay... Sorry for wasting your money. I don't need this purse, so I'll just go return it..." I look to my right, trying to remember where that designer shop was, only to have him stand in front of me.

He shakes his head, sighing, "I didn't mean it like that. It's just....I..."

I avoid eye contact, "Can I please return this?" I ask politely.

"No. I want you to keep it. Just forget what I said... Let's go now." He pinches the bridge of his nose and turns around, signalling for me to follow him, and so I do.

Breathing slowly, I glance at him every now and then until we reach his car in the parking lot, wondering what has gotten into him all of a sudden. Is he really that upset? Over what? My mind doesn't drop the sudden change, forcing me to bring it up again.

I sit in the passenger seat next to him, then put on my seatbelt and turn to him, "Can you tell me why you're acting so different out of nowhere? Is it something I did?"

He revs the car forward and clenches the steering wheel, staying silent as if it's purely in his nature. My heart continues to drown itself in the blood within its pumping pressure as the minutes go by and I keep on asking. "Félix, stop ignoring me! Just answer my question, please..."

Without being aware of the time, I see the metal gates of the mansion as he drives past them then parks behind the elegant fountain. He still hasn't said a single word since we left the Louvre, and now he unbuckles his seatbelt, ready to step out.

I stop him, on the verge of tears, "Don't just leave me hanging in my own thoughts. Please, just talk to me..."

He inhales sharply and retracts his hand from the car door which he was about to open in a rush. He slowly turns to face me and our eyes meet dangerously, taking my breath away.

"I can see the trauma in your eyes, Marinette. And...it reminded me of..." He exhales in tension.

"Reminded you of what??" I push further with the curiosity killing me.

His jaw clenches, "...Of what I did to you. I'm no different from all the other men that have sexually harassed you. I caused you trauma, and I can't live with myself for that..."

I frown and realize this is what he was so cautious about, after I blurted out that it happened to me several times all my life. "But while being Marinette or Ladybug, no one came to me and apologized, except you. You have a good heart, Félix, and that's why I gave you forgiveness."

"I know, but that doesn't wipe the guilt I still feel. Whenever I'm with you, I think twice before making any sort of move because I don't want to hurt you like that again."

"And you won't." I tell him and hold the side of his face in adoration, "I know you won't hurt me. I trust you and only you 'cause you've earned my trust by showing me your heart. By opening up that cold heart." I smile and wrap my arms around his neck.