𝓡𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷

It is February 13th, one day before Valentine's Day and also the day that Félix returns from his business trip that took place for about 10 days in total. I'm in the master bathroom, cleansing my face like I usually do in the mornings or whenever I wake up. Gladly, I've improved my sleeping schedule ever since I overcame my postpartum depression a few months ago, so that's why I no longer sleep in any later than one in the afternoon.

I dry my face with my face towel and watch my phone light up with notifications which is sitting on the counter, away from the chances of getting splashed with water or other liquids. It was Félix texting me about how he's an hour away since his flight is supposed to arrive by 11 a.m., but the time right now is 9:58 a.m. I admit that I have plenty of time, yet I know I've always been late to everything since I became Ladybug and most of my habits changed. Scurrying quickly, I rush into my closet and change into a taupe-coloured sweater set, which is very comfortable, but still looks formal and I know he'll like this professional look on me.

 Scurrying quickly, I rush into my closet and change into a taupe-coloured sweater set, which is very comfortable, but still looks formal and I know he'll like this professional look on me

I turn to look at my reflection in the mirror and feel confident and proud to see the curves that it brings out in my body. Especially my hips that help me maintain a somewhat hourglass-like figure. Choosing to avoid the heels in my shelves, I slip my feet into simple flats because I know it won't be snowing at all today. It is February, so it's still chilly and requires one to wear coats and jackets, but I avoid wearing any of those.

I go downstairs with my clutch (purse) and phone in hand, then notify one of the maids nearby that I'll be leaving the residence at this very moment. Of course, I get into the car that the driver drives us around in, since I don't really have the right to drive any of Félix's cars because it's likely for me to crash them somewhere due to my clumsy nature. As I watch the buildings and trees zoom by, I smile in happiness and mentally think of ways to make him feel appreciated for everything he does and for how hard he works. He deserves a break, even though he gets two days off every week, but I know how exhausting it can get, especially in the business world where he's the CEO of such a striving company.

I sigh a bit too loud so before the driver could ask what's wrong, I instantly turn it into a yawn, closing my eyes and stretching my mouth open to fake it. Since I am sitting in the passenger seat up front, I manage to see the Charles De Gaulle Airport in around 30 minutes without any traffic.

As the driver drives closer to the drop-off area, I can't help but smile more widely to the point where my cheeks begin to hurt. The car comes to a stop, so I put on my face mask and step out in the windy weather as small crowds of people rush in and out of the doors. I quickly manage to get past one of the doors and thankfully don't trip from my own feet in public. Breathing rapidly now, I pick up my pace and fast-walk through the airport, struggling to find the terminal that he specified he would come from. After wasting a few more minutes, I luckily manage to follow the signs overhead correctly and make it to the first-class area at exactly 11:20 a.m.

I stand there, fiddling with my clutch and biting my lip, hoping he'll see me amongst these other people because I'm much shorter than the average adult height. I tip my head up and carefully watch the screens that display the departure and arrival times for all the different flights taking place today and tomorrow. While I wait, I browse through my phone a little to pass the time and look up every three minutes to check if he has appeared. It usually takes an extra 30 minutes or so, but when I see a few people with their luggage begin to come out of the terminal, I lower my phone out of my sight and keep a sharp eye for his blond hair.