𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓫𝓵𝓮 𝓕𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓻𝓼

I almost choke, so I put down my drink. "Luka? As in Luka Couffaine?"

"Yesss. Why, are you okay?" She examines my expression.

I start having flashbacks of him.

"Yeah. I'm just in shock... Wait, he's in Spain right now, right?"

Her eyes squint in confusion, "Uh, no. He's in France like he always has been. Who told you that?"

I blink in disbelief, "He told me that a few weeks ago. But nevermind, I probably misheard... Anyways, I'm super happy for you both."

I can't even believe what she just told me. So it clearly proves that he lied straight up to me like that. He didn't even care to tell the truth. What a nice move. I thought he was one of the realest friends I ever had, but it turns out he is just a plastic fake. He was here this entire time. Well, good for him, I don't need his help anyway.

Chloe snaps me out of my thoughts, "He truly is the only one that is worthy of me."

I nod, "You guys make a cute couple, seriously."

"Awhhh, thank you. And to be extra nice, you're invited to our wedding."

I finish my drink, "Ouu, I can't wait. Where is it being held?"

She throws her hair back in style, "I'll send out the cards as soon as we decide. But I know my daddy will get it booked at the most expensive place in Paris. It'll be the best you've ever seen."

"I bet it will be. Let me send you the mailing address right now." I pull out my phone and unblock her number, then send it: 4 Tessier Boulevard, apt. #62 (10th floor), 75115.

Her phone rings with a reminder, and she gets up, holding her drink with her purse hanging on her shoulder. "Okay, Dupain-Cheng. Stay in touch, and take care of yourself!"

I wave my hand as she leaves the mall, "Thanks, you too, Chloe."

Closing my eyes, I exhale and try to keep calm. Luka was an actual fake. He made up a lie just so I wouldn't have a chance to stay at his place when I'm currently in the worst state ever... Thank you for showing your true colours.

I climb up the stairs, completely tired, and take the public transit back to the border outside of Paris. Because of the traffic, I reach my destination in half an hour with multiple stops in between.

Making my way into the hallway, I see some cardboard boxes placed outside, obviously filled with some sort of stuff. I enter through the door and notice that almost everything has been packed, except the furniture that is still in the space. Félix pushes some boxes from his bedroom, and his eye catches mine.

"Finally, you're here. I called you about four times. The movers are arriving in 50 minutes, so hurry up and pack all your things." He wipes the sweat off his forehead, and continues to gather all the utensils from the kitchen. Obeying, I go to my room and use the empty boxes that he had left in there.

Sighing, Tikki says, "Moving all over again.." I nod, and she helps me pack.

We store one box with my toiletries from the washroom, and then three separate boxes with all my clothes, unhangered, even though most of them don't fit me.

He stood at the doorway and threw a roll of tape at me, "Seems like you're done. Now tape the openings."

I catch it with my Ladybug reflexes, and use the industrial tape which made it easier to seal the flaps properly. I bend down to lift a box, but unexpectedly, he stops me.

"No, I'll do it." Quickly, he picked up each of them and transferred them to the front of the apartment. In the meantime, the movers came in and wrapped the huge TV in bubble wrap since it was fragile and expensive, then carefully transported it downstairs. In a matter of 20 minutes, the two movers took all 16 boxes and stored them in their truck. I was slightly confused on how they didn't take the furniture, such as the beds and couches. Maybe Félix has chosen to sell the apartment furnished because you tend to make more money out of that. Mentally saying goodbye to this building for the very last time, I follow him as he goes into the parking lot.

I ask to make sure, "Am I supposed to ride with you or...?"

He nods and unlocks his car, "Yes, of course."

Completely unaware of where his new house would be, I almost doze off once seated, but as you know, his reckless driving will never allow anyone peace. We stay silent completely during the whole drive until we finally reach the location.

My mouth hangs open once I realize how beautiful the mansion looks. Oh my God. As he drives past the fancy gate, a huge water fountain solidified in the middle. He parks the Bugatti right in front of the magnificent main entrance stairs. We step out, and Félix leads the movers inside with all the boxes. I slowly walk in and look around in amazement, hardly believing my eyes. This mansion looked much more expensive than Gabriel Agreste's. A bit far out, instead of one, there were two staircases leading up to the second floor. The railings were lined with gold. I look down, and notice the floor is made of marble. The smoothness and shine of almost everything made me feel like I didn't even fit in.

I take off my shoes and wander off into the house. Towards the far end behind the staircases, is an all-glass sliding door which reveals the vast backyard and swimming pool. To my right, is the living room with huge windows that allow lots of light in. And then to my left, I see a long hallway with many doors which I choose not to open without permission. So the only room visible to the left was the kitchen with black cabinets and pale-grey marble countertops. The first floor was absolutely gorgeous and I bet the second was even better. After the movers constantly bring things inside and place the boxes wherever Félix orders them to, within an hour, they finish and leave.

He comes up from behind me, and says, "I told them to place your stuff in your room. Come, let me show you."

I follow him upstairs and into the fancy hallway with dark hardwood floors. He opens a door and gestures for me to take a look. Oh my God. What the hell! He had done way too much for me. I blink my eyes rapidly in complete shock. There is a queen size bed with a light-pink laced canopy, facing the matching dresser. A small chandelier hung in the middle, identical to the larger one in the vestibule. Also, the walls were my favourite shade of light-pink which emphasized the overall brightness of my room. The huge windows had lace curtains pulled aside for proper sunlight to illuminate the room. The words can't even come out of my mouth right now, so I stutter.

"I-It's so p-pretty. Did you get m-my room customized?"

He replies with a small smile, "Yes, I did. Why? Is there something you don't like? I could get it changed to your preference if you want."

"No, no, it's all perfect, thank you. You've done too much. THIS is too much. I can't even process it right now." I bite my nails, not knowing what else to say.

But since my back was facing him, I didn't even notice his eyes slowly falling in love with me.