𝓡𝓮𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰

I nod slowly and begin to feel disappointment fill within me, even though it shouldn't bother me too much but it still does for some reason. Falling silent, I keep my eyes on my plate and try my best to cover up my own thoughts about what he said.

He grabs my hand and quietly speaks, "Aren't you going to ask why?"

I shake my head and look at him with a smile, "No, because I respect your opinion." In assurance, I squeeze his hand to show my understanding.

"That's a first." He smiles back and finishes his meal a few seconds after me. Retrieving his handkerchief off his lap, he stands up from his seat and goes to pay the bill. I watch as the waiter comes and quickly takes our plates, utensils and glasses.

"Merci." I say to the waiter, keeping a smile on my face.

He bows politely and leaves without a word.

Félix returns so I stand up and hold my small purse in my hand, then fix my hair a little. He holds his arm out and I blink but react automatically. I wrap my arm around his and begin to walk with him to the elevator, being cautious of my steps because of these heels; even if they're only two inches high.

Once we make it to ground floor, the elevator doors open and we step out only to be flooded with the press. At least 15 cameras and 10 microphones were pushing towards us in a fast panic. Feeling my anxiety rise, I slightly hide behind his back and try to figure out what's happening.

Millions of questions bullet through our ears since so many people were talking at once, but I only hear the loud-spoken ones:

"Mr. Graham De Vanily, are you in an affair outside of work?"

"How did you find interest in a Parisian, middle-class woman?"

"Your girlfriend was married to the famous model: Adrien Agreste, so how do you feel about that?"

"You seem like a homewrecker to be stealing your own cousin's wife, why would you act so low even after how you've become a billionaire due to your CEO position at Graham Films?"

"Isn't that Ladybug?!"

I hold my hands to my ears, closing my eyes as Félix angrily pushes through the crowd of annoying press reporters, pulling me along with him. I hold his arm tightly and follow him, rushing towards his car. He opens the door for me so I quickly sit in, hating this moment entirely. He remains quiet and quickly sits in the car beside me, then steps on the pedal to accelerate the car forward, away from the irritating occurrence.

While driving at a normal speed now, he breaks the silence in an apologetic tone, "I'm sorry you had to hear all of that bullshit... What a great way to ruin our night." He hisses.

I look at him and see his knuckles turning pale as he grips the steering wheel. Taking a deep breath, I reach out and massage his shoulder, "It isn't your fault... I honestly wasn't expecting that and I do feel overwhelmed, but the night turned out to be great overall. You made me happy and that's what matters, right?"

He relaxes a bit under my touch and nods, "Hmmm, I guess you're right. But I wanted it to be a perfect date."

"And it was. At least for me. So thank you." I tell him truthfully and smile in a cheerful attitude.

To my surprise, he lets the anger go and cracks a smile, keeping his eyes on the road.

───*:・゚✧*:・゚

A few months later, it is now January 2021! A fresh new year to start from, and recover from the past painful memories and incidents. I've completely moved on because in the span of those months, I legally got my maiden name back and removed my ex-husband's last name once I filed a divorce in November. Félix had supported me through it all and was satisfied with these important changes placed upon me. I am now at a relief that I no longer have to be caught up with something I don't wanna remember anymore. Something that needs to be left in the dust so I can happily move on and risk a chance at loving again.