𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓾𝓶 𝓣𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓮𝓭𝔂

I lay on the floor for a while, feeling slightly numb all over my body and whimper, not knowing what to do. Crawling, I make it closer to my phone which had slipped from my hand when I had fallen a few seconds ago. I hold my belly for protection as I reach over to a great extent to grab it and then sit upright to keep my breathing steady. First, I call the emergency hotline, 112, and simply ask them to send an ambulance due to my current risky situation.

I inhale before I quickly dial Félix's number next, silently praying that he comes back to his full senses and reaches home in time. I wait for him to pick up but after 10 whole rings, it goes to voicemail. I sigh and begin to cry in my hands, frustration taking over my calm mindset. To make things worse, yet another contraction bursts through my womb more painfully and strongly than the other two. I scream, closing my eyes and begin to rub my abdomen in a rapid sense to try to make the pain fade as fast as possible. In absolute agony, I dial his number again and again with my hands shaking non-stop.

˖₊ Félix's POV
─────

I drive at a moderate speed across the many main streets that I choose to turn into as the sky begins to darken with a shade of both purple and blue. My vision becomes blurred at some points but I don't care. At least drinking helps me block that pain out of my head when staying sober can't. I just have to escape the filthy truth about my mother's demeanour one way or the other. She does not have the right to replace my father with a deficient man! And she absolutely cannot double-cross me like that! I honk the horn in anger multiple times then hold my head with my free hand in frustration.

After a few more seconds of silence with only my deadly thoughts running through my mind, my phone starts to ring at its highest volume for the third time. In irritation, I finally pick it up only to hear her trembling sobs as she says, "F-Félix?! Félix, please come home! I-I'm about to have the baby. I'm g-getting really painful contractions. Please, come back!"

Marinette.

My brain clicks.

I almost lose my grip on the steering wheel once I process everything she had said.

I swear and tell her, "Oh fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Marinette, I'm coming. I'm coming I promise. Just give me 5-7 minutes and I'll be there. Did you call for an ambulance yet or should I?!!!"

She continues to sob, "I already did. But please, please save me. My uterus is- OWWW!!! Owww!!!!!!"

Hearing her in pain was enough to make me panic to the fullest. I rapidly turn the steering wheel to the left and ask her, "Baby, are you alright?! Are you walking or sitting?! Please avoid the damn stairs!"

"N-No, I'm sitting and I can't get up 'cause of these stupid contractions!" She breathes heavily and I know she's in more pain than she can explain.

"Okay. Don't try moving, just breathe. Never forget to breathe. I'm right here for you and I'm almost home so don't worry." I say and accelerate the Bugatti forward by stepping on the gas pedal.

"It's getting really hard to breathe but I'm trying..." She says and then pauses for a few seconds then speaks again, without the remaining calmness she had in her voice, "Um, F-Félix?"

"Yeah, babe?" I ask in high alert, keeping my eyes on the road.

"I-I'm-bleeding. I'm bleeding and I don't know why. It's staining all over the floor." She trembles and cries even more.

My eyes widen in fear, knowing this wasn't normal, "Wait, what the fuck? You're bleeding?! From where?!"

Her voice shakes to a whole new level, "Th-The uterus. It's not that much b-but I feel it draining the life out of me right now. I-I don't think I can do this. I can't do this! I can't!"