𝓥𝓮𝓷𝓲𝓬𝓮, 𝓘𝓽𝓪𝓵𝔂

DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion is advised 🔞⚠️

˖₊ Marinette's POV
─────

I take a deep breath and place my phone into the pocket of my black professional pants, and walk out into the hallway, heading towards the room where Félix and I usually meet to discuss or start new projects.

I walk into my designing office with an alert mind, and reach the back room to find Félix waiting there at the head seat of the table with his hands put together formally, resting on the hard surface in front of him. Quietly, I make my way over and sit to his right hand side, keeping my posture consistent as required, having my back straight like his and my hands interlaced on the table.

He opens the thickly-contained file and presents the diagrams on the surface to let everything be displayed in my sight, "Alright. Shall we begin, Ms. Dupain-Cheng?" He asks with a much more stern tone than I'm used to. Something seems to be off...

I gulp and nod, looking into his eyes, "Yes, sir." I don't know what is different, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the recent phone call I just received. Regardless of the consequences, I need to focus on this meeting right now and be sure to not miss a single detail.

Upon my response, his eyes examine my face for a few seconds before landing back to the papers scattered neatly, "As you are aware, the following month of our corresponding schedule is March; the month that symbolizes the peak of the Spring season. So you must prepare a Spring collection that consists of five dresses and five embroidered Italian purses for our new-coming actresses on set. Since there has been a contract made between Graham Films and Versace, we'll be leaving for Italy this evening to purchase the purses directly from that destination." He pauses, making sure I don't interrupt him, but my mouth does open without any words coming out. "...And I know it's sudden, but I need you to get started as soon as possible. The Spring fashion collections usually have a great impact on the industry, and many potential clients come forth to withhold the products from others by making excellent deals. And our goal is to maintain proper coverage of the contract. About 16 percent of the money will be handed to the designer company, Versace." He switches the papers around and scans them with his eyes carefully, taking his time, "I must confirm that I have walked you through everything. Do you have any questions?" He looks up and into my eyes, sitting back against his chair.

I blink and process the given information from him, then shake my head, "No. I understood everything to the best of my ability. But are we actually leaving today?"

He nods and massages his temples, "Yes. Our flight is at 10 p.m. sharp since we'll be travelling through one of my private jets. And in order to get to that boarding location first, we'll have to leave the house by 7 p.m. and drive until we reach."

"Oh.... Understood, sir." I say, not wanting to panic because I haven't really travelled this urgently before. Fumbling with my fingers, I look at the analog clock on the wall and see that it's already three in the afternoon. "I should begin packing, if you'll excuse me." I quickly stand up in anxiety and almost exit through the door, but he stops me, "Hold on. Come back here."

My feet halt from their nervous speed and I turn back around to face him, walking a bit closer while maintaining professional distance. "Yes?"

He stands up and pushes his chair in, "Since this meeting is over, I must discuss a personal matter with you as to why you were speaking with Chloe over the phone after I specifically told you to hang up?"

"Because..." I sigh, "She asked for forgiveness and I gave it to her."

"Are you fucking serious right now?" His tone shifts dangerously, holding me frozen in my spot with his glaring eyes. "Do you not understand the severity of this issue? She accused me of that idiot's 'murder'."