𝓜𝓲𝓭𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓢𝓪𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻

✧・゚│Picture is by me

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion is advised 🔞⚠️

The idyllic coup de grâce.

Yet, my stomach churns a little, and I know I might actually be sick from the smell of blood. The blood of my ex-husband who used and discarded me like a roll of toilet paper... But in the end, this is all over. I no longer have to think of him. I no longer have to hold on to the past.

This isn't considered nostalgia...

I have already moved on from what hurt me and caused me damage where I drifted away from loving myself. I lost myself in the entire process; the ability to care for oneself can evaporate into thin air when the one you thought you loved doesn't hold a special place for you in their heart.

I am tired of deception.

Why did he make me feel like shit?... I ask inside my head, trembling like a feather in the wind as I slowly begin to back away, fear closing in on me. But I know I'm worth so much more than that...

Félix throws the knife aside after cutting off a few more pieces of his cousin's body, then stands straight and walks over to me, his arms securing me into an embrace, "Breathe.. You're turning pale, we must go inside...."

I let out a shaky breath, and cling to him for support as he pulls me along through his quick strides that were gentle, yet frightening at the same time. Quietly, I follow him inside the mansion, and I can tell that the other two tag along since their worried expressions were directed towards me.

He leads me to the living room, then makes me sit down even though my legs are shaking as if about to snap off from the weight I'm bearing while being pregnant. His body stays close and he sits next to me, rubbing my back in a downward motion. With a disturbed mind, I try to take deep breaths in, hoping to block off the possibility of having a panic attack.

Chloe takes a seat on my other side, and Luka crouches down in front of the coffee table and rubs my knees, looking up at me. "You were amazing out there, Marinette. So heroic, the Ladybug we all know of~" He smiles warmly, and I end up smiling back, still breathing at my best.

"She is definitely invulnerable~" Félix adds on, kissing my cheek with repetition. "Everything will be alright now. My men will dispose his body with the utmost vigilance..."

I exhale anxiously, "Thank you, guys... It was a bit too much, I think I need some fresh air." My hands tap Luka's in assurance, so he knows that I'm doing okay now and that there's nothing to be concerned about. "I want you two to stay here and have dinner with us in an hour~" I state, surprisingly having Félix agree with a nod.

Luka's face lights up as a smile appears like the stars in the sky during a foggy night. Chloe rubs my hand, gently giving it a small squeeze, "If you say so, then we'd love to! But go relax first. Don't worry about entertaining us. Luka and I will just watch TV if that's fine with you both." She smiles just as kindly, showing that they understood how traumatizing the situation must have been for me.

I nod and return their smiles, looking at her, "We do not mind at all. Thank you for understanding.." I say as I stand up from the couch, Félix also following me out of the living room when I walk towards the huge back door. I turn my head and glance at him for a quick second, not wanting to be sick to my stomach. "You should go and change your clothes. They're stained all over... And you hair has a few spots.." I frown, and reach up to cup his cheek that still had sweat coating it.

He shuts his eyes and grabs my hand, bringing it to his mouth. He places a kiss in the palm of it, "Of course.. I'll quickly shower and return to my beautiful empress in 10 minutes. Make yourself comfortable in the garden, and we shall have some tea together~"