𝓣𝓲𝓮𝓼

For my clumsy self, it is taking forever to actually get used to this grande mansion. I almost slip on the stairs many times and even in the tub since they are extremely huge. Yawning, I wake up with the sun at my face, and look around my room, still not being able to believe I'm actually allowed to live here. I open the curtains wider to reveal the big windows. The view is amazing! If I look super closely, I can actually see the Eiffel Tower from here. From my parents' house back in Paris, I could hardly see it since the buildings block the entire view. Plus, their place had always been small, not to complain.

I go to the huge washroom and wash my face, then brush my teeth and tie my hair into a ponytail. Within two minutes, I change my pajamas into a comfy robe. I go down the stairs carefully by using the railing and make my way to the kitchen. I am literally starving right now. I hear voices, so I look up and it is Félix talking to a 40-year-old woman. He looks at me and says, pointing towards her, "Meet Susanne. This is the maid. She will be completing the housework, including cooking from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m."

I open my mouth in confusion, "So does that mean I won't be able to do anything?"

He nods his head, "Correct, because I don't need you doing shit. Take it easier on yourself."

"Oh... okay." I glance around nervously.

The woman asks me, "What would you like for breakfast, dear?"

"Toast, please." I say without looking up.

"Only toast? Don't you want to eat anything else?" She walks to the pantry to grab the bread.

I say, "Yes, that's all." I seriously don't even want to interact with her or anyone.

Before Félix turns to leave, he suggests to me, "Use the elevator behind the stairway when you need to go upstairs. The stairs will become slippery when Susanne will proceed to wax them each day, so don't attempt going near them."

I nod in shock, finding out that this mansion also had an elevator, of course. This place probably has things that are yet to be discovered and I still won't know about it, because I do not own it and I have no right to go snooping around.

By the time I finish my toast, he is not in sight at all. Probably has left for work, like always. I'm super bored and tired, so I go upstairs using the fancy as fuck elevator with gold lining, and lie down to obtain some more sleep. Tikki falls asleep right away while I twist and turn in my bed. Yes, it is extremely comfy, but I already know I can never take naps during the afternoon.

Suddenly, my phone starts to ring to my annoyance from an unknown number. I choose not to pick it up since I don't recognize it and also because it doesn't have a caller ID. After a few minutes, it rings again and again and again.

Hesitantly, I receive it and answer, "...Um, hello?"

A female voice screeches into my ear, "MARINETTE??? GIRL, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?"

I recognize it and scream in happiness, "OMG, ALYA?! DON'T EVEN ASK ME THAT. YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DISAPPEARED WITHOUT TELLING ME YOUR NEW NUMBER!"

"I'M SORRY, I HAD TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY URGENTLY, BECAUSE NINO'S PARENTS WERE HAVING A PROBLEM. DON'T WORRY, I'M BACK NOW. DID YOU MISS ME?" She shouted over the phone.

"FUCK YEAH I DID! The last time we talked was when Adrien... um, passed away, remember?" I quiet down and sigh.

She calms down, and I hear her smiling, "..Yeah. That was such a tough time for you. If it weren't for me, you wouldn't have left his grave, because THAT is how much you love him."

"Mhm. I'm crazy sometimes, and you of all people know that." I say.

"I know you are still not over that. BUT WE HAVE TO MEET UP SOON."