16) Pity

Sign of Times- Harry Styles

"Words, so innocent and powerless as they are, standing in a dictionary; how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to choose and combine them."

-Nathaniel Hawthorne

TW: Alcoholism
*not fully edited*

*****
After another night spent talking with the neighborhood pizza boy, we went back inside going our own separate ways.

The next morning all of us ate breakfast, and left Alex's house. I've never been one to be happy to go back to my own house, after staying somewhere else. If anything someplace else is more welcoming than my own home.

I said bye to everyone, and unlocked my car to head home, turning on Shampoo Bottles by Peach Pit.

I've been in my room the whole time, since I came back. It's Sunday night, so I still have time before school starts back up again.

Fucking hell, the amount of things that have happened in such a short amount of time.

Walking out my bathroom, I crash on my bed knowing I can finally enjoy time by myself. I've been around people so much, it's honestly so draining. My eyes close on their own, I'm not even processing how tired I am.

The sound of glass shattering abruptly wakes me up.

Jolting out of bed is not the best decisions when I think I'm slightly anemic.

Falling completely and landing on my butt, my vision starts going blurry. I close my eyes and breath out to make the dizziness go away.

Getting up again, slower this time, I make my way downstairs only to see empty bottles everywhere.

Oh boy.

I look over into the kitchen, only to see Dad's body layed out on the floor.

I rush over and crouch down beside him, taking the beer out of his hand, "Dad?" I call out, worry seeping into my tone.

This has happened other times, mostly because he was just passed out from drinking.

"Dad," I call louder to see if he'll wake up. I put my finger under his nose just to make sure he's still breathing.

"Dad, hey dad wake up," I tap his cheek. He's still breathing, but it's shallow breaths.

I run over to the window and Mom's car is gone.

Fuck. Okay Autumn, deep breaths, what'd you do the other times think...fucking think.

I pull out my phone and dial 911 cause I'm not sure if this is like the other times, he looks paler. Right as the phone starts ringing and the operator pick up, he starts seizing.

"SHIT, SHIT, SHIT."

"Dad!" I run back over to him, accidentally cutting my foot on a broken bottle. I feel tears prick my eyes, but swallow the climbing pain back down, now's not the time.

Just don't think about it, yeah that should work.

"911 what's your emergency," The lady on the opposite end says.

"Hello? My dad is hurt please send someone," I speak out hastily.

"How long has he been like this?" She questions.

"I- I don't know, um I came downstairs and found him on the ground, and he's seizing," I answer panicking, trying to move some broken glass away from him.