21) Couple Deal

Best Friend- Rex Orange County

"You walk in, and my heart beats different"

-butterflies rising

*****

It's Monday now, a couple days after the whole Ferris wheel catastrophe.

It took them a good thirty minutes to get us down, and when they did I saw Finn and Jesse rush off swearing they'd never go in the air again.

After the carnival, Quinn texted us telling us how her date went. She said "Iris looked drop dead gorgeous as per usual. The museum itself was really cool.

"They put up a lot of new exhibits, since the last time I went there."

"Apparently she knows a lot about Greek gods too, she told me a few stories about some of the statues that were there."

"After that we went to the pottery class, and let me say it was amazing. Somehow she already knew how to make a fucking pot, so she helped me."

"It was one of those romantic movie type scenes where she stood behind me and put her hands over mine to guide me."

"I was about to fucking pass out with how close we were.

"The pot would've looked better if she did it herself."

"It looked like shit, but she ended up taking it home, because she said she liked it. We talked a lot this weekend too, I don't know what it all means, but she said she really likes hanging out with me."

We all talked more later that night, then ended the call realizing we still had school.

*****

I'm in my second bell right now, the class I have with Finn and Lucas. I can say that ever since I moved back to this table there is rarely ever a dull moment.

"Hey Autumn," Lucas greets, taking his normal seat beside me.

"Hey Luke," I smile back now wondering where Finn is because usually they come in at the same time.

He sees my smile falter, "Yeah I don't know where his dumbass is either. I called his phone, but it went to voicemail," He shrugs.

"That's weird, you think he's okay?"

"Yeah no need to worry knowing him he probably just over slept," The teacher explains our assignment for today and that we have to the end of the bell to complete it.

Fifteen minutes before class is supposed to end, and most people are done with their assignment, the door to the room burst open.

Everyone's heads turn towards the commotion, "I'M HERE, I'M HERE!" Finn's weary and flushed face enters the classroom.

"Mr. Herring, just take your seat please," The teacher rolls his eyes at Griffin's over dramatic entrance, not even caring class is almost over.

"I'm late," Griffin states the obvious.

"Are you now? Did you think taking roll and marking people absent was just a hobby of mine," She gives him a knowing look.

"No ma'am Mrs. Sandoval, I'll sit now," He moves from in front of the door and to his chair beside me.

"I'm her favorite,"He whispers to me grinning.