39) Hearts and Paints

Hot In Herre- Nelly

"i'm still learning how to hear the word beautiful and let it be meant for me, to breathe it in and let it belong here"

-butterflies rising

*****
"Reid," He's moves up from my neck, "Mhmm?"

"We can't," I breathe out when his teeth pinch my skin.

I feel him grin and his hand slides further up underneath my hoodie, "I mean...." He draws out near my ear.

"Reid we have to go to school," I give him one last kiss and grab his hair to pull him away from me. I'm sitting up on the edge of my bed and he's between my legs with one hand on the bed.

The other is on my side, but is slowly lowering to my ass.

"We don't have to go right now though," He leans in again, but I grip his hair tighter.

If he kisses me one more time we're going to actually be late.

"Oh cmon love, give me somewhere else I can kiss then, thighs, chest, neck again," He lists out looking from my eyes to my lips like he can't decide which one to pay attention to.

"We're going to be late," I tell him again and he stands up, so I can get up.

He moves just enough for me to, but not enough because our chest are still close together.

"Reid," I tilt my head up.

"Beautiful."

"How long are you gonna stand there for?" I ask.

He bends down, so our faces are closer. My body decides to feel hot now of all times when I just told him we had to stop.

He grabs the back of my neck and has that fucking lazy smile on his face, "Y'know how much I like making your heart race?"

"Reid," I try to say sternly, but my eyes dart away from his face.

He stands back to his full height with a smile that could make me melt all over again, "Let's go."

*****

Finally getting through student traffic, we're able to pull into a parking spot, "Excited for your birthday?" He asks turning the car off.

"More like anxious, you guys haven't exactly been subtle that you're planning something. You know I couldn't even get answers out of Jesse or Finn?"

I was sure at least one of them would slip up.

"Because I told them I'd kick them in the nuts if they did," He grabs our bags from the backseat.

"You threatened them into secrecy?"

"It always works in those spy and action movies," He shrugs playfully.

"If I didn't those two dumbasses would've spoiled the surprise already. And before you say it, yes I know you're not fond of surprises, but this one is necessary."

"Don't call them dumbasses," I nudge his arm.

"Sorry I forgot that term of endearment is reserved for you."

"You're so sweet," I give him sarcastic smile that he returns, "I try to match you."

"You think you're so funny don't you?" I tilt my head at him.

"I know I'm funny because you said your type was funny guys," He leans over the console.

"Yeah, but you're cute, so it almost makes up for it," I leave the smallest amount of room between my thumb and pointer finger.