Uno.

Ella's P.O.V.

Extra of foundation and concealer to hide traces of 15 years of sleepless nights, a bit more blush and bronzer because I don't want to hear how "lifeless and exhausted" I look. Touch-ups to my brows, a bit of lipstick. 

"Straighter or curl your hair, natural waves don't suit you." 

"Dress neatly, you shouldn't look like a goblin." "Wear heels." "Make accent on minimalism." "Don't look cheap." "Don't dress like a clown." "Stand tall." "Suck in your stomach." 

I glanced away from the mirror, holding back tears, that have been building up over the years

I glanced away from the mirror, holding back tears, that have been building up over the years. I took a deep breath and focused on what I have been doing all those years - not letting down my guard and staying focused, alert and vigilant.

I took my phone, bag, keys from my white Ferrari and headed out, driving to the warehouse. In some 20 minutes I arrived and parked in my usual spot, seeing uncle's Bentley parked in his spot. 

I took my bag and went inside, heading to my office right away. 

"Hello, my little lady."- spoke warmly uncle Kevin with a smile as I put the bag on the sofa. 

"Hi, uncle."- I almost whispered, offering him very small, but sincere smile.

"How are you, dear? Is everything alright?"- he asked in worry, examining my appearance in concern. 

"I am fine, thank you. How are you, uncle? How are things back in Liverpool?"- I replied calmly, both of us sitting down in front of each other. 

"I am good, honey, thank you. But don't change the subject. Have you eaten any breakfast? Or anything at all for that matter."- replied uncle Kevin, looking at me in concern and affection. 

"Yes."- I replied softly, taking a bottle of water for him and I. 

Lie. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday's lunch - vegetable salad with lemon juice as dressing. 

He sighed heavily, most definitely not buying that, but he knows better than to push me to talk. 

"Have you found out anything new?"- I asked quietly, suppressing the emotions in me. 

"No, I am sorry. No-one knows what happened that night."- replied sadly, bitterly uncle and I looked away, feeling my eyes water. 

"He would never leave me."- I whispered to myself, feeling my hands shake. 

"Of course, he wouldn't, darling. Your dad loved you more than anyone and anything. You were his world."- stated softly uncle Kevin, handling my trembling hands gently. 

"I miss him so much, uncle. I miss him every single day."- I almost whispered, looking down and holding back tears, not letting them escape. 

"I know, honey, trust me. I miss him just as much."- he said warmly as a tear streamed down his face.