You Are Mine

Rose fluttered open her eyes, yawning to find herself cuddling with Loki. His face was buried in her hair, his hands wrapped tightly around her body as if he's scared to let her go.

Smiling, Rose brushed away her hairs from his face and pecked his lips softly. He didn't stir. Rose giggled and pecked his nose twice and then again his lips and this time she was rewarded by a sleepy smile from him.

"That's a nice way to wake me up, Pud."

Rose giggled at him and snaked her hand under his arm, wrapping around his body, and nuzzled her face into his neck.

"Good morning Lemon!" She beamed at him, rubbing his cheeks with hers. But that smile dropped when Loki opened his eyes.

They were red rimmed and lacking their usual brightness. "Loki?" She touched his cheek. "Are you sick?"

Loki shook his head. "No."

"You didn't sleep well, right?" Loki shook his head again. "No. I am fine. I slept-"

"Don't lie. Why didn't you sleep? Should I call Bruce?"

Sighing, Loki sat up and pulled Rose beside him. "I didn't feel like sleeping. And Asgardians don't need sleep like you mortals do."

"Your eyes are saying a different story." Rose pointed out.

Loki laughed softly. "You are a good observant... How are you feeling?"

Rose scrunched her nose. "Me? Why? I'm absolutely fine!"

Loki nodded stiffly, and was ready to drop the topic but her next question spoiled the plan.

"Loki? What about that man? What happened to him?"

Loki groaned internally and managed to keep a straight face. "He tried to escape but the guards shot him dead." The lie slipped down his tongue effortlessly.

Rose nodded, clenching her teeth. "Hmm... But he deserved a more cruel death."

"I agree...umm... you remember what I said you before coming back to the Tower?" Loki asked, faking a curious look.

Actually, he didn't get to say anything to her but he wanted to know that how much she recalls the yesterday's incidents.

Rose frowned, her brows furrowing and rubbed her temples. "I...I don't remember anything you... you said." She answered, closing her eyes and trying to recall something.

Loki caressed her cheek. "Nothing?"

She shook her head. "No... everything is blurry... I remember watching the interrogation with you when... when Nat punched that pig's nose....but after that... Did something happen?"

"No. Nothing. You just fell asleep on me and were snoring throughout our stay in the HQ..." Loki grinned at her, feeling proud of himself.

Sometimes lying is the best option.

Rose pouted. "I don't snore! And what did you say to me after returning back? Sorry... I-I don't remember anything."

Loki pecked her nose. "There's nothing to be sorry about, my love. You were half asleep at that time. And I asked you what would you name the kittens?"

All hail Loki, the God of Lies... He praised himself as he managed to change the topic without making her suspicious.

"Oh! Oh! I almost forgot about that! But I haven't thought about it. Do you have any ideas?" She asked, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Yeah! Kitty1, Kitty2 and Kitty3."

"Forget that I asked you." Rose grumbled.

"Sir Laufeyson, you're called down in the living room." Jarvis announced.