Big Shiny Golden

It was a cheerful and beautiful day with birds chirping and singing their heart out and butterflies dancing on the flowers, kissing their soft petals. The sun was shining, its warm beams caressing each and every being with utmost love.

Everyone was in a happy and jolly mood.

Well everyone except Fandral.

He kicked the pebbles away and scowled at the so happy looking birds as they continued to twitter without giving a fuck to the annoyed man's displeasure. "You will burn crisp and Volstagg will eat you up, you pathetic noisy creatures!" He spat cursing the colourful small birds who seemed to chirp even more after that.

Now, Fandral was not the one to get annoyed so easily. He's a carefree man with damned good looks and charms that can make the maidens of Asgard swoon over him. A very few things irk him. Cheating was one of those few things.

He had a bet with one of the man in the bar on a sword fighting. He almost won if it not had been for that opponent's tricky leg swipe that made him hit the ground and lose the fight. He had to give away his prized possession: the gem studded golden cup.

He hated tricks and tricksters.

He continued pacing the garden, fuming and grumbling when suddenly a sound reached his ears. It was a laugh of a woman. A clear ringing laughter.

His pacing stopped and the frown dropped from his face. Curious, he started approaching the source of that laugh. Avoiding the flowering vines and leaves, he stepped into the clearing and found a lady standing under a rhododendron tree, her back facing him.

He tilted his head, brows furrowing as he studied the woman's back. He knew that staring is rude and a bit creepy too but at this moment, it didn't matter to him as much as the maiden did. She was hunched over something in her hands and was cooing and giggling. He wanted to call out to her. To ask her to turn around and show him her face. His wishes were answered as the maiden turned around.

As soon as his eyes fell on the girl, he found himself immobile. Unresponsive. Amazed. Hypnotized. He wasn't sure whether he was even breathing or not. Without his knowledge, his jaws slacked down as he drank in her appearance.

He had never met this maiden in his whole life. She was enthralling with a beauty that can even put the angels to shame. Her milky white skin glowed under the sunlight as her waist length hair was down, resembling a cascading waterfall of dark chocolate. The dress she wore made her curves look tantalising. Whenever she laughed at the tiny squirrel in her hands, he found himself breathless.

Is she an Angel from Valhalla to take me with her?

And then, the girl's eyes met his. Damn!

He watched her frown and then a look of alertness passed her face. The squirrel jumped out from her hand and climbed the nearest branch of a tree. Fandral stepped forward to get a better view of her.

Red lips like cupid's bows, strong arched eyebrows, small sharp nose adorned her spotless porcelain face, giving out an innocence. But what surprised him the most was her eyes. They were aqua blue...no they were violet. Or both. But they were the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen.

Big aqua-violet eyes with long thick lashes framing them.

"Why the hell are you staring, you creep?" Ah! The sweet sweet voice!

With a step he took forward, the lady took a step back, a warning look on her face. A voice in his mind kept repeating just three words like a mantra.
Make her yours make her yours make her yours.... He didn't know when his hand latched on her delicate wrist. He didn't hear the alerting cry from the maiden and neither did he saw her other hand rising untill...