Mending Mistakes...

Loki POV

I sat on my bed, quietly praying mother to cool down the bracelet. It burnt like hell and that too against my bleeding skin. I tried to remove the bracelet but failed. I hate my jotun traits . I hate that how weak I am against heat.
I hate everything about me.

"Mother please. Cool it down. " I murmured. Fortunately, it cooled down quickly. "Thank you dear mother. "

That girl. Because of her I suffered the pain. I'll make her pay for that. How dare she to touch me without my permission. I'm a fool to help someone whom I don't even know.

" You're a monster, Loki. And nothing would change that. " A voice came from inside. " Don't try to change. It will make you seem weak. Be as you are. " I clenched my head tightly and the previous night's incident flashed before my eyes.

That ceiling man made me help her. I had felt bad when I saw her wriggling and shaking in dream, screaming for help. I had changed her nightmare to something beautiful. I was so happy thinking that I did something good and mother would be proud of me.

How foolish I was to think that my help will be appreciated...

___________________

No one's POV

After the Avengers heard Rose's message of failure, they decided to send Thor to her to get to know properly what had happened. After Rose said everything except that part where Loki had threatened her, Thor was silent . He knew that Loki was upset. But he didn't know what to say to console his sister to stop her sobbing.

After five minutes of awkward silence, Rose got up and started to rummage her drawer. She took out a bandage roll and the ointment bottle, given by Bruce and handed it to Thor.
"Dress his wounds, brother. And don't inform him that I sent you. " Rose said softly.

Thor nodded and hugged her. "Whatever he has said, don't take it to heart sister. " Rose pulled back and looked up at his face. " What does he like to eat?" Thor smiled. "Sweets. He has a sweet tooth."

" But he talks bitter. I'll try my best to make me forgive him. "
" Why again? Leave him. "
Rose shook her head. "It's my fault Thor. You go and check his wound. " Thor nodded and left her alone after hugging her once again.

___________________

Thor knocked twice. " Loki, open the door. It's me, Thor. I need to talk to you. "
" Go away, imbecile. " Loki yelled from inside.

"Please brother. It's urgent. Well...umm..it's about mother. It's a grave situation. She-" He was cut off by Loki , opening the door. "Come in and say what you were saying about mother. " He said hastily.

"Well...err.. I needed to say that mother...loves you the MOST! CONGRATS!! " Thor grinned at Loki's ' bitch are you serious!? ' face.
" Do you think me a joke, Thor? " He asked angrily. "No. I think you my brother Loki. " Thor smiled. " Now sit for I need to dress your wound. "

" I don't need it. I need isolation. Can you give it? " Loki asked, not looking at Thor. Before Thor could say anything , he started again. " Well, I'll do as you say but you have to answer some of my questions. You have to answer them honestly, will you Thor? " Loki asked, eyes twinkling with mischief.

Thor took it as a good sign. Maybe he's getting back his lost mischievous brother. " Yes brother. I promise. I promise. " He said happily.

After some curses and hisses of pain from Loki, the dressing was complete.
"What's your questions, brother? " Thor asked.
"You won't hesitate? "
" No! "
"What are the things your sister loves? "
Thor thought for a moment. "Umm... I don't know much but I think pudding and animals and painting. "

"Hmmm... And what does she hate? I mean what is she afraid of? "

" I don't remember correctly but... I think it's spiders. "
"Nothing else? "
" I don't remember. "
Loki frowned and nodded. " But why do you ask? " Thor asked confused. "Do I need to say everything Thor? I'm tired. I need sleep." He said yawning.

" Well... Okay rest brother. Meet you at lunch then. "
"Okay." Thor picked up the bandages and all and left the room. "Why suddenly the interest?"

_________________________

Lunch was ready and so was Rose's special pudding. Aunt Sue's recipe. All came down for lunch except Loki.
" Sister. Have you made some for me too?" Thor asked.
"Of course, brother dearie. How can I forget you? " Rose laughed.

While everyone else was busy gossiping, Rose and Clint were preparing the table. Rose was putting the plates when suddenly she felt dizzy. Her head spinned and balance staggered which resulted in the plates falling and breaking. She too would have joined the plates next if Clint had not catched her.

"Hey! Are you alright? "
" Just a little bit dizzy. I'm fine... Fine" Clint helped her sit on the sofa.
"Kid do you need water?
" It's ok Mr. Stark. You all...please continue. I'll join you later. " She said head bent in her hands ,eyes closed.

They all did so. After a minute or two, she opened her eyes. No dizziness. She started to get up when her eyes fell suddenly on something which shouldn't be there.

A spider. An uncommonly big, dangerous looking tarantula just 2-3 feet away from her, on the table advancing towards her...