This Isn't A Family!

Loki POV

"Hello mother." I greeted her, a smile on my face but my mind was in alert mode. What is she doing here? Is Asgard in trouble? But for that, she would have approached Thor first, not me. Then... Am I in trouble? Do I have to go back?

"Loki, calm down my son." Her gentle voice snapped me to my senses. "How are you doing, my child?" She asked, sitting on the edge of the bed. I sat beside her, taking care not to touch her illusion lest she would disappear.
"I am absolutely fine, mother...but why are you here? Is there any problem?" I asked her. She nodded smiling. "I just felt like seeing you. Can't a mother see her son?"

I nodded stiffly. She's hiding something. "So, how is she?" Her question made me smile. "She's fine, momma. I wish you could meet her." She hummed with a knowing smile on her face. "It seems you two are having a great time together..." My brows furrowed. "Umm...yes... Wait. I don't understand what you are saying." She laughed. "Check your face. Go go!"

Confused, I looked at myself in the mirror and after seeing the red lip print on my cheek and lip, I couldn't help but blush. Mother laughed again. "Oh son! I am so happy for you!" I faced her with a small grin, my hands busy on rubbing Rose's sign of love from my face. "Thank you mother." I mumbled, sitting back beside her.

"So mother, why are you here?" I asked her again and this time, she sighed.
"You two have to come back. Your father-"
"Not my father." I interrupted her earning a hurt look from her. But, it's the truth afterall. Odin was never my father. Maybe he was my King or Allfather... but father? Pfft. No.

"Son, don't start with it again. He is your father. He loves you." She said, desperation in her voice that made me cringe. "Even you know that's a lie, mother. And please," I raised my hand, stopping her from interrupting me. "Let's not discuss about it. I don't want my mood to be spoiled. So, why are we called?"

Trust me, my heart broke seeing my mother sigh sadly. I love her a lot. But she can never change my mind about Odin. Never.
"Odin is facing problems in handling the realms' treaties. Asgard needs their Princes. And our new year is knocking at the door. We can't celebrate it without our Princes."

"Thor can go but I can't mother." I said, looking at her.
"Why?"
"Because I can't leave Rose alone. She needs me and I have promised her never to leave her again. She is too careless and almost got herself killed when I was back in Asgard. I don't trust her, mother." I said her the exact reason. Rose acts stupid sometimes. And her cursed flashbacks are now more frequent. Thank the Norns, I was there to patch her bleeding palm. I can't dare to imagine what would happen the next time...

"You're forgetting something my son. There is something else we need to celebrate and for that we specially designed need you."
"And what is that?"
"Your birthday, my dear. Did you forget that?" I felt like laughing. Birthday?! Seriously? It has been almost three years that someone wished my birthday, leave alone celebrate it. Well, how could I have celebrated my birthday in Thanos's sanctuary and Asgardian prison?

"I'm afraid momma, I can't come. Sorry but I can't leave my love behind." I said with finality in my tone. But her next words made me question my decision. "What if she comes with you?"
I looked at her for any hint of lies or jokes but found none. She was serious!?!
"But-but Odin won't allow it! He would never allow a mortal, and that too my beloved in his realm. I don't-"

"Don't worry about that. I'll handle him. You just come back. It feels like ages since I hugged you, my son." She said with a small smile. I returned the smile.
"Okay momma. But I will ask Pud once about it. And are you sure that...he will allow her?"
"He won't say no to me. He knows the consequences of denying me." She said with a dark grin that made me gulp.