Training Session Backfires 2

Steve POV

I pointed her a punching bag newly hung for her. "Hit it as hard as you can. " I said.

She took a deep breath and punched but the bag didn't budge. "Nay! A little harder. " Nat said. She punched again but the bag still didn't budge. I can't see her face and expression but I am 100% sure that she is annoyed, seeing her clenching the fist.
"More harder Rose." I encouraged. She punched again. The bag swayed a little and she looked up at us for approval but we shook our heads. She looked down, ashamed.

"Ok wait. Listen to me Rose." Nat said stepping forward.  Think this bag as someone whom you want to kill and give a horrible death. One who has hurt you a lot. Imagine and then, Hit." She instructed and moved back, smirking at me.

But I don't think it's of any use. Maybe God made her like that. Maybe she has powers because she is too delicate to self defend without powers. Maybe-

I was cut off from my trains of thoughts by her scream and then she punched. To my surprise, the bag swung backwards.

She didn't stop this time to look at us for any approval. She just kept punching again and again and again with great speed. She didn't even gave the bag the chance to come forward.

All my assumptions were flushed in drain as I witnessed her ferocity. I was wrong. She isn't delicate. Not at all fragile.

Suddenly the bag broke off , knocked at a good distance and she crashed on her knees and hands from the sudden impact. Her body shook as she tried to steady her breath. I turned to look at the bag and flinched.
What would have happened if the imagined person would have been here , in place of the bag...

The room was silent except the sound of Rose's erratic breathing. Worriedly, I moved near her. "Are you okay? Rose?" I placed a hand on her shoulder and withdrew it quickly.

As if I have touched a boiling kettle.

"You are burning!?" I exclaimed, more in shock than in pain. She got up staggering. "Yeah. May be due to the extreme flow of energy. It happens. Don't worry. I will be normal within minutes.  She said. But I can still hear her unsaid pain from her quivering voice.

Nat stepped forward to apologize. She was as shocked as me. They were saying something but I didn't listen as I zoned out, thinking something else.
How much this girl was tortured to evoke such a reaction from her?!

"Let's go Steve." Nat broke my daze. "You go Nat. I need to talk to her. " I said and Nat nodded and left. I turned to look at Rose to find her facing me.

________________________

Rose POV

Steve's expression has turned dark. It seems that he is troubled and angry. I first decided to read his mind but dropped it. It's wrong to invade privacy.
But I can calm him down. My hands glowed a soft white. "Steve. What happened?" I asked softly deciding whether to use my power on him or not.

Suddenly he gripped my shoulder tightly but not hurting.
"Did they torture you to this extent? Name them Rose. I promise to give you justice. " He said, pain visible in his eyes. "You are in our team now. Our responsibility. It's our duty to help you. Don't hesitate. Name them. " He said firmly.

I sighed. Why is he so worried? I removed his hands from my shoulder and took his burned hand in mine. "Steve. The time hasn't come yet. And I don't want any of you to kill them. They are my prey. This is my game." I told him as I started healing his hand. "But I won't hesitate to call you for help if needed." I added quickly before he could further argue. I checked his hand. Perfectly healed.

I placed my glowing hands on both sides of his head, ignoring the burning pain in my knuckles. "Stop worrying. Calm down." I whispered. His shoulders tensed and then relaxed. He sighed.

"What did you do?" He asked softly. "Nothing. Just vanished your anger." I said chuckling.

"Rose I ... " He was cut off by Jarvis.
"Miss Rose. You are urgently needed in the living room. Mr.Stark called for you." He announced.
"Okay coming. " I yelled and held Steve's hand. "He would be so angry at me for this. " I thought chuckling and *poof* teleported with him leaving behind green lights...

________________________

Don't forget to vote dear readers... And don't forget to comment. Because your votes and comments are precious to me. 🥰🥰❤ Love y' all 3000...